More Channel Moves (and a few Channel RUMORS.)

I really hope its just a rumor too. There are certain times I wish I was wrong and this is one of those times.

I guess we find out tomorrow afternoon.

Are TNT, TBS, and TruTV going into free preview because of Men's Basketball Tournament in March? It is interesting that they would choose to put TNT and TBS in free preview when they are in AT120.

At one time I would have missed IFC for sure. But being in SD and with commercials, I rarely watch it anymore. They do show good movies though.

Here's what I want...

It makes no sense at all for Fox Soccer Channel to be in one of the lowest packages available, and in the top 250, and then NOT in the top 200. Asking CSRs about it get me nowhere, like it ever does. Does Scott know if FSC will be added to the top 200 anytime soon? Or is "soon" the answer again?

Last edited:
Just an UPDATE the IFC rumor appears to be NOT TRUE!

In fact as I was typing this I got another email which makes it official that its not true.

Are TNT, TBS, and TruTV going into free preview because of Men's Basketball Tournament in March? It is interesting that they would choose to put TNT and TBS in free preview when they are in AT120.

Good observations! I think Dish tries to give their customers the best no matter the package they have. So if you have the Family or Welcome Paks you may be able to watch tournament games you wouldn't otherwise. I was glad to have Speed on free preview during February so I could watch some of the extra Daytona coverage.

While I agree with others about IFC not being as good anymore with commercials added, and I wish it was in HD, I'm still happy that it's leaving was just a rumor. Thanks Scott!

Ghpr13:)

First up... Heads up for folks in the Eastern Arc...

Here are the EXPECTED channel moves that will happen this week. These moves are scheduled to happen early Thursday morning. Many channels are moving from 72.7 to 61.5 while some channels are moving from 61.5 to 72.7. Another big move is expected next week. SatelliteGuys will post those expected moves as we hear about them. UPDATE - This one DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE TRUE!

[channel moves deleted]
Ah, Scott... Did you put this update in the wrong place in your first post? It makes the whole thing, and not just IFC replacing C&I, appear to be a dead letter.

UPDATE - This one DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE TRUE! Here is one I don't have confirmed but it is buzz I am hearing.. IFC will be replaced by CI (Crime & Investigation) on Channel 131.
Is this just to replace while IFC is off the air? I love CI but don't think it should be a Platinum HD Channel considering all the shows are reruns off of AE. This is one channel I miss by not having Platinum HD.