More College football in HD!

I hope a lot! Here is my best guess:
SEC afternoon game on CBS
ESPN noon game
ESPN 2 noon game
ESPN late game (or are they just going to do this on ABC with the ESPN on ABC series that they did some last year and not do a game on ESPN?)
ESPN 2 evening game
Notre Dame on NBC (most weeks)
Is ABC finally going to step up and make their regional games in HD? Last year there was usually only 1 of these games (of the 3 or 4) that was in HD each day.

The biggest questions are going to be the regional sports networks. Last year some of the Big 12 and Pac 10 games were in HD on the RSNs but it was limited. I have no idea if there are plans to put the SEC or ACC games that are on Lincoln Financial Networks in HD.

Yup TBS had a package of college ball last year. TBS-HD is supposed to light up mid september. I think the first HD presentation of sports will be baseball for them. They might get one or two weeks of football in, but I'm not optimistic for this season.

more HD

Plus Versus will be coming online in HD and they show 18 Mountain West Conference Pac-10 and Big 12 games.
Versus

There was an article a few months back that Fox Sports Net is committing a lot resources to broadcasting all the major sports in HD, and college football was mentioned specifically.

TBS is going full baseball this fall and will no longer show college football, ESPN has picked up the games that TBS was contracted to do which was PAC-10 and BIG-12, since they only have 2 HD networks, I'm not holding out much hope for those games.

Here is the 2007 Versus schedule:

College Football on Versus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2007 schedule
Date Game Kickoff Time (EST) Host Conference
Saturday 9/1/07 Virginia at Wyoming 2:00pm Mountain West
Saturday 9/1/07 Arizona at BYU 5:30pm Mountain West
Saturday 9/8/07 BYU at UCLA 6:30pm Pac-10
Saturday 9/8/07 Wisconsin at UNLV 10:00pm Mountain West
Saturday 9/15/07 Iowa at Iowa State 1:30pm Big 12
Saturday 9/15/07 UCLA at Utah 5:00pm Mountain West
Saturday 9/22/07 Pac-10 Football 6:00pm Pac-10
Saturday 9/29/07 Big 12 Football 12:30pm Big 12
Saturday 9/29/07 Cincinnati at San Diego St. 10:00pm Mountain West
Saturday 10/6/07 Southern Cal at Stanford 7:00pm Pac-10
Saturday 10/13/07 Pac-10 Football 7:00pm Pac-10
Thursday 10/18/07 Utah at TCU 8:00pm Mountain West
Saturday 10/20/07 Big 12 Football 5:00pm Big 12
Thursday 10/25/07 Air Force at New Mexico 9:00pm Mountain West
Saturday 10/27/07 Big 12 Football 5:00pm Big 12
Thursday 11/8/07 TCU at BYU 9:00pm Mountain West
Saturday 11/10/07 Big 12 Football 12:30pm Big 12
Saturday 11/24/07 Utah at BYU 2:00pm Mountain West
Saturday 12/1/07 California at Stanford 7:00pm Pac-10

I'm hoping that these will be in HD when the VS/Golf HD channel is added to E*.

Here is the ESPN/ABC schedule for 2007:
Saturday Night Football - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2007 Schedule
The following games will be shown on either ABC, ESPN, or ESPN2 in primetime. The games marked with an asterisk are confirmed to air on ABC, according to the ESPN Bottom Line. ABC will not air games on either September 8 or October 13 due to broadcasts of NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series races:

September 1: Tennessee at California*
September 15: Southern California at Nebraska*
September 22: Iowa at Wisconsin (regional)*
September 22: Washington State at Southern California (regional)*
September 29: Ohio State at Minnesota (regional)
September 29: Southern California at Washington (regional)
October 6: Notre Dame at UCLA* (regional)
October 6: Ohio State at Purdue (regional)
October 20: Michigan at Illinois
October 27: Ohio State at Penn State
November 3: Oregon State at Southern California
November 10: Southern California at California

I can't wait until that TN Cal game to open the season. Of course I'm going to head out to Cal for the game so I won't be watching on ABC!

The ESPN/ABC love affair with USC is absurd in my opinion. 5 primetime games? Seriously? A couple of those games should be good the other 3 are crap. There have to be better options those weeks. But whatever, that is why I'm not in charge.

What about the Notredame Broadcasting Channel :) ?

I love college football, its my favorite sport. I really wish CBS did more HD, their football HD is one of the best out there.

Yeah, CBS looks good. A couple years ago (maybe it was last year, I really can't remember), they did 2 games for a few of the weeks (one at 3 or 3:30 and another at 7 or 8). It was great!

Yeah, CBS looks good. A couple years ago (maybe it was last year, I really can't remember), they did 2 games for a few of the weeks (one at 3 or 3:30 and another at 7 or 8). It was great!

Yeah, Id like to see them do more. Espn's coverage from game to game is spotty, but hopefully itll get better. You can go from a beautiful HD day game on espn to a horribly ugly night game.

just please add BTN HD E*
049.gif

And for me CBS (and ABC) are available OTA in HD. NBC and Fox don't do HD yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)