Returned Receiver Damaged, Who Pays??

Tvlman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 29, 2004
Surf City.CA
I just received a communication from Dish wanting me to pay for a returned damaged receiver shipped and insured via UPS to their El Paso location. The returned receiver was shipped using a Dish generated label. I called UPS and they said that all Dish needs to do is file a claim with UPS and insurance usually covers shipping damages. Not only does Dish insist that I pay for the damaged receiver but Sam Fam, (real name??) the Dish representative said Dish would not be filing a claim. I am supposed to pay for a receiver that UPS damaged in shipment.....a shipment bought and paid for by Dish and they refuse to go back to UPS for a damage claim?? The damage by the way was external. Dish said the outside of the reciver was dented and broken. It didn't leave my house that way.

Any similar experiences, anyone???

Last edited:
Dish can take care of most of the problem at their end. Using the A.R.S. tag kind of makes it their baby. Because you probably can't tell UPS what the tracking number was nor produce the damaged package, you're pretty much out of the loop.

I'd call back and see if you can't find a more sympathetic ear.

Receiver damaged in return by UPS

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give it a try and let you know what happens.

July 23 Update - I received a call and was informed that the charges would be removed from my account. This after I emailed my complaint to CEO@echostar.com. I also went to the online chat page and was told that Sam Fam , the guy who gave me so much trouble and then hung up on me (if that is his name) should have referred me to the Executive Resolution Department. Hope they monitored his call internally so they can discover how rude he was and how he is representing the company.

So thanks for the help everyone.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts