more detailed equipment questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cybersonic

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2005
Thanks for the help so far! I've done a lot of reading, and of course the more I read the more questions I have... :confused:

So here goes:

1) do I need USALS or is DiseQ1.2 enough? If it's optional, what does it offer extra? I'll be going for a SG2100 motor.

2) what is the difference between standard and universal Ku LNBF?

3) within standard LNBFs, what is the difference between ASC321 and ASC321S? I'll use this on a Winegard DS-2076 dish.

4) does the Coship CD VB-5300B receiver have S-Video output? Does it have SPDIF (AC-3) digital output (or TosLink optical output)? It's hard if not impossible to find consistent information on this receiver... Some doc mentions it, some doesn't, some sites say that it's in the doc but not on the receiver, etc. Can anyone in the US who has this receiver send me an actual picture (not a schematic) of the back panel?

5) basically my preference goes to a receiver that has the following: S-Video output in addition to composite, SPDIF or TosLink Optical out, at least 1 CI slot, USALS support (if I need that - see question 1). In addition to the Coship 5300B, I've been looking at the Fortec 5100 Ultra but again I'm not sure what the US model actually has as far as back panel connections goes.

Basically if the Coship turns out to be a good choice, I'll get that together with the Winegard 30" dish (DS-2076), SG2100 motor, and whatever LNBF I need - should set me back about $380 without cables so within my budget :D .

Thanks!
Chris.

cybersonic said:
Thanks for the help so far! I've done a lot of reading, and of course the more I read the more questions I have... :confused:
WELCOME!!!
So here goes:

1) do I need USALS or is DiseQ1.2 enough? If it's optional, what does it offer extra? I'll be going for a SG2100 motor.
DiseQc 1.2 allows you to move a motor. USALS you put your latitude & longitude in and the motor does the rest. I personally use 1.2, as I can fine tune it a little better..one click west or east can make a huge difference
2) what is the difference between standard and universal Ku LNBF?
There are some satellites over the Atlantic that need a Universal LNB. The only thing I can think of is Cubavision
3) within standard LNBFs, what is the difference between ASC321 and ASC321S? I'll use this on a Winegard DS-2076 dish.
just the look of the LNB...I think they are the same specs
4) does the Coship CD VB-5300B receiver have S-Video output? Does it have SPDIF (AC-3) digital output (or TosLink optical output)? It's hard if not impossible to find consistent information on this receiver... Some doc mentions it, some doesn't, some sites say that it's in the doc but not on the receiver, etc. Can anyone in the US who has this receiver send me an actual picture (not a schematic) of the back panel?
cant help you there...sorry

Coship specs

Coship specs are inconsistent - in the top part it says 'Reserved AC3 Digital Audio output', however in the list of back panel connections, it doesn't show any digital audio output. :confused:

I will try to call the Tech. Dept. and ask, but I fear they are out of town in Las Vegas........stand by..................

Just called!

Coship CD VB-5300B

Does have S-video output.

But does not have AC3 output!

Ac-3

Thanks for checking!! Bummer about the Coship not having AC3 (so far for spec sheets...) :(
Looks like I'll have to investigate the Fortec 5100 Ultra in more detail...

Thx,
Chris.

Ac-3

Oh, about the Coship CDVB5300B - it does have both S-Video and AC-3 after all. The AC-3 is an optical digital out connection (aka. SPDIF or TosLink).
So the doc is right after all :)

I asked the importer (above) I think its the same as the Satwork 3688 it has the ability to output AC3 (even says it in the manual) but has no physical output on the US models.
Hope Doc's right and I am wrong.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts