More Dish Network Hell

Is Dish really losing lots of customers? I would have thought they would be doing well with customer retention.

miguelaqui said:
Is Dish really losing lots of customers? I would have thought they would be doing well with customer retention.

Dish is losing customers mostly due to DHA problems. thy wont allow customers to upgrade receivers even for a fee and they wont allow you to changeanything. Plus the no-commitment line is allowing new customers to sign up... relize that e* service sucks sometimes and leave.

The only reason Im still an e* sub is that i found this board... when i went throug 4 csrs within a week of my install to get it right i was ready to give up... till i heard about the ceo email

chaddux said:
I don't think anyone asked what the fee was for. The companies say it is for the guide data. It is all just a way to make money.
Given what TV Guide/Zap2It/et al. probably charge for the data, I doubt they make much money on it (revenue less cost).

I have to agree that csr's are a pain.I called them twice about getting cbs hd.The first one didn't know what I was talking about.The second one said it wasn't available in my area.I explained that 2 months ago they said it was available to me with a second dish for $99 install.Well I got the second dish yesterday installed for free because of must carry locals.Called csr and she said it wasn't available.Checked on here for help and thanks to N0QCU I talked to a tech and she gave it to me for free.Not $1.50 a month..0 nada....

Scott Greczkowski said:
A customer should not have to go through that, EVER. That's one of the problems.

Scott, A few months ago I was blamed by the CSR for expecting the 811 to work as advertised. So it seems that they wanted to blame you for expecting that the meaning of lifetime to mean lifetime. :rolleyes:

Scott Greczkowski said:
Gary if you think thats surprising you should read what going on with the retailers over at the DishRetailer site, some of these stories would curl your hair.
You know from the general tone of my posts that this doesn't surprise me. I'm glad that the current trends are proving the things I've been saying all along.

I'm also seeing a lot of formerly pro-Dish posters talking about leaving for DirecTV or even cable. That really says a lot about the current state of Dish. Even your posts have become increasingly critical of Dish products, services, and general business practices.

If the consumer dissatisfaction doesn't get Dish off their collective ass, then perhaps a retailer "revolt" might be the straw.

GaryPen said:
You know from the general tone of my posts that this doesn't surprise me. I'm glad that the current trends are proving the things I've been saying all along.

I'm also seeing a lot of formerly pro-Dish posters talking about leaving for DirecTV or even cable. That really says a lot about the current state of Dish. Even your posts have become increasingly critical of Dish products, services, and general business practices.

If the consumer dissatisfaction doesn't get Dish off their collective ass, then perhaps a retailer "revolt" might be the straw.

Don't look now but what's this?

DISH Network ranks No. 1 in Customer Satisfaction among Cable/Satellite TV Subscribers by J.D. Power and Associates.

I wonder Gary where J.C. Powers and Associates get their information?

Scott, I guess we need to invite J.D. to satelliteguys

I like when "Lifetime" is nothing more than the lifetime of the physical product you have. It breaks and it is no longer in lifetime warranty.

I also wonder where the CSR's are when you call to "Get Dish". I could swear there were kids crying and yelling in the background.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Gary if you think thats surprising you should read what going on with the retailers over at the DishRetailer site, some of these stories would curl your hair.

Perhaps you should take the time to learn how to record with your cell phone so you'll be prepared for the next time.. :D

GaryPen said:
Hey I just call things as I see them, while other forums sometimes seem to candy coat their reports just to stay in good graces of the boys in Denver, I am not affraid to tell it like it is. :)

DaveO said:
Perhaps you should take the time to learn how to record with your cell phone so you'll be prepared for the next time.. :D
I figured it out after the call, its just press and hold the Mic button on the side for 5 seconds and it will start recording.

I really love the fact they told me I was in violation of Virginia Law by saying I was recording. :D

If you are right and know it stand your ground. It really does work. :)

I have had no better experience with Direc. I did not think that it was fair in 2000 that Dish would not let me do a promotion to get a new receiver; I had a 4000 and I had bought it for $300 two years prior. I hated the guide and it was slow. I had a friend with Direc and his low end receiver was much nicer. My father had digital cable and that receiver was much nicer also. I called Direc and they told me that they could sell me every channel that Dish was selling me INCLUDING the WB and UPN. At the time, there was no WB station in my area at all. The cable company was having to microwave one in from another DMA. I called Dish and they just tried to sell me a new receiver; I told them to disco.I install the Direc system and call to activate. They then tell me that it is illegal to sell me the WB because of the local WB channel. I informed her that there was NO WB in my DMA and she could even check. She said it was impossible for her to sell me a WB anyway because they just didn't sell that channel. I thanked her and called tha cable company. Adelphia was nice enough to give me $100 and 1 month of programming for the 4000; I sold the Direc system. I kept cable until Dish came out with the 508; I was able to get away with a free for all.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Hey I just call things as I see them, while other forums sometimes seem to candy coat their reports just to stay in good graces of the boys in Denver, I am not affraid to tell it like it is. :)
You get no complaints from me there.
Scott Greczkowski said:
I really love the fact they told me I was in violation of Virginia Law by saying I was recording.
I'm pretty sure that if you notify the other party, it is OK to record in any state.

Bulldog said:
A company that I worked for hired these a-holes to do customer sat surveys for us. They are idiots. The questions are poorly worded. They leave out detailed and qualifying questions, so the answers to the original questions are vague and meaningless. Their methods for calculating the results are extremely flawed.

I wouldn't trust a JD Power survey any more than the medical oprinions of Drs. Howard, Fine, and Howard.

Even if the survey actually meant something, Dish beat DirecTV by a score of 725 to 721 (IIRC). For the mathematically impaired, that is one half of one percent.

Bulldog said:

JC Powers must be the younger brother of JD Power...who decided to add an "s" to his name for no apparent reason. ;)

This situation doesn't sound too bad at all. Considering 4 years ago in a 2 week period was the only time someone could purchase lifetime service on this old machine, it is no surprise there was customer service confusion. The call did take too long, but at the same time, you were threatening to record the call, that couldn't of helped the problem be resolved any quicker to tell you the truth. I mean after all, this was only your first call. In situations like this, I don't get frustrated till no one resolves my problem till at least after the third call.

In the end E* fixed the problem. If there is one thing I have noticed, if you keep don't back down when there is a problem, E* will do the right thing to correct the problem. I don't really mind having to fight for it, but the first moment a company does not do the right thing to fix the problem, I will cancel if there is an alternative.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)