More HD is here!

........ Eventually the multi-billion professional sports industry is rapidly pricing themselves out to the point they will probably all mostly be offered PPV or via season packages.

Sing it out l-o-u-d and l-o-n-g, brother! And I look forward to the day.

We always had We TV and IFC in Dish Latino Dos when we switched to Dish Latino Dos from AT250 as our main package before the AMC Networks dispute.

We never had Fuse except when it was in an AT package (AT200 I believe) when we had AT250; then, there was a dispute.

We had Sundance Channel when it was channel 389, but that was when we subbed to BB@Home.

We is listed as still being in Dish Latino Plus:
http://www.dish.com/entertainment/packages/dish-latino-plus/

IFC is still listed in Dish Latino Dos:
http://www.dish.com/entertainment/packages/dish-latino-dos/
I'm seeing WE and IFC in HD, though Fuse appears to have disappeared. I can't wait to watch some Hollywood Blockbuster films on the Independent Film Channel.

I would be happy if they added the rest of Cinemax and the Showtimes channels in HD Direct has just about all of them. And a few others and I would be happy.

Sundance HD is not available yet from AMC Networks.
Their HD distribution mux on Galaxy 14 only shows AMC HD, Fuse HD, WE HD and IFC HD at this time.
Their SD distribution mux on Galaxy 15 includes Sundance East and West in SD.
Dish can't add it in HD until AMC Networks provide it to them.

Sundance HD is not available yet from AMC Networks.
Their HD distribution mux on Galaxy 14 only shows AMC HD, Fuse HD, WE HD and IFC HD at this time.
Their SD distribution mux on Galaxy 15 includes Sundance East and West in SD.
Dish can't add it in HD until AMC Networks provide it to them.

For some reason, Sundance Channel said on Twitter that some markets have the channel in HD: https://mobile.twitter.com/SundanceChannel/status/288514177188909056

Very strange...I wonder if this would be like Centric HD or Logo HD (in terms of "HD" programming on the channel)...

Nah not for me, I am not a sports guy... besides I hear that the Lingerie Football League is no more. :(
Well considering that live sports in hd is one of the few things that pay-tv providers do better than the internet, it's foolish not to have all RSN's in full-time hd. Non-sports tv watchers can get EVERYTHING they want online in hd for free or cheap.

Well considering that live sports in hd is one of the few things that pay-tv providers do better than the internet, it's foolish not to have all RSN's in full-time hd. Non-sports tv watchers can get EVERYTHING they want online in hd for free or cheap.
I am not disagreeing with you, but for me I don't watch sports which is why I say DISH's HD lineup would be almost perfect for me if they got the DISNEY owned channels back in HD.

If u want HD sports call 1-800-directv..thats whats great about competition..Dish is for the non sports lover or the occasional fan

If u want HD sports call 1-800-directv..thats whats great about competition..Dish is for the non sports lover or the occasional fan
I disagree. I haven't missed a single game of any of my hometown teams for years being with Dish.

I am not disagreeing with you, but for me I don't watch sports which is why I say DISH's HD lineup would be almost perfect for me if they got the DISNEY owned channels back in HD.

You still have both sat providers don't you Scott? With that set up you technically have the best of both worlds.

I would be happy if they added the rest of Cinemax and the Showtimes channels in HD Direct has just about all of them. And a few others and I would be happy.

I mentioned the Cinemax tier in the past, but judging by the price of HBO and the fact that HBO (in one timezone) is six channels with a Spanish repeat and Cinemax is eight channels. I'll stay with the four channels they have. Just put Moremax in HD.

Also how about BOSTON LOCALS! I am truly now going to become the next FearNet butt hole around here until they rectify this matter.

Last edited:

The key word in your post is LIVE! I get all my live sports in HD on my RSNs. I don't get the sports news and such, except in SD, but I don't care about listening to talking heads anyway. I only care about the games themselves and there they are, all in HD.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)