More HD is here!

For some reason, Sundance Channel said on Twitter that some markets have the channel in HD: https://mobile.twitter.com/SundanceChannel/status/288514177188909056

Very strange...I wonder if this would be like Centric HD or Logo HD (in terms of "HD" programming on the channel)...

They could be getting HD feed via fiber. It seems a number of channels are now distributed via fiber. One has to wonder about the future of "the cable neighborhood" feeds on satellite to MVPD's.

not only did we get HD versions of IFC, WE, and Fuse on Wednesday, Dish added 4 HD Local channels for the DFW Metroplex TV Market. they added 3 spanish language stations, two of them Univision owned and operated station which is KSTR 49 the local UniMas (formlery TeleFutura) station and KUVN 23 the local Univision station as well as KAZD the local Azteca America station. also they finally added KTXA 21 in HD, which means DFW sports fans with Dish can finally see every Mavs games, Rangers game, Stars game in HD as well as NFL preseason Football games carried by CBS that have to air on KTXA as their sister station KTVT the local CBS station have the rights to all Cowboys preseason games that aren't nationally televised live. as well as other CBS programming that airs on KTXA when KTVT airs preseason football during the NFL Preseason in August to early September.

Sundance HD is not available yet from AMC Networks.
Their HD distribution mux on Galaxy 14 only shows AMC HD, Fuse HD, WE HD and IFC HD at this time.
Their SD distribution mux on Galaxy 15 includes Sundance East and West in SD.
Dish can't add it in HD until AMC Networks provide it to them.

Sundance HD is now included in the Galaxy 14 distribution mux.

I don't one bit about these new HD channels. I want the Disney channels back in HD but I don't think that will ever happen.
It will happen after the current contract expires. The only questions are how long will the contract dispute last, how long will the channels be off the air, and how much will our bills increase due to the new agreement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts