More HD on NFLHD

delanewf

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
Everytime I turn on the NFLHD channel, I see nothing but SD programs. The NFL is a billion dollar business. Can't they afford HD cameras for their original programs? Does anyone know if there are plans to put shows like Total Access and others in HD similar to how ESPN has Sportscenter and its Sunday NFL show?

I haven't had a reason to turn to NFLHD. Compelling content? I think not. I wished dish turns off and just turn it for the 8 hd games. Waste of bandwith in my book.

So far the hype has been so much similar to what they provided last season.

Regular season games have always been provided by someone!!

Last edited:
The NFL.com website lists all the pre-season games coming to HDNFL. Unfortunately, the majority of the 52 telecasts are in SD. The site lists at least one live pre-season game a week, but only a few of those are in HD. It would be nice to see Total Access broadcast in HD. Right now, it is taking up space without providing a whole lot. Let's hope that changes in the future.

Grabbed this from avsforum.com

"Scheduled for completion in October 2006, NFL Network is expanding its infrastructure to migrate from SD to Multi-Format HD in the future. Major upgrades will include; large N-Vision video and audio routers, Sony HD cameras and MVP switchers, expanded NLE editing rooms and two additional video and audio control rooms with Wheatstone D 5.1 audio consoles. "The additional sound stage, control rooms, editing and graphics will allow greater flexibility for NFL Network to dramatically increase its offerings in both quality and quantity," said John Humphrey, AZCAR's Director of Broadcast Business Development"

http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release_html_b1?release_id=137613

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)