More hopper recording woes

damorin04072

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 28, 2005
Portland, Maine, United States
Did anyone else encounter any issues with recordings/timers yesterday?

None of our series ptat shows actually saved to our dvr list, all of our non-ptat timers taped an hour early (thus not the show we wanted to record) but marked the show that was supposed to record as completed successfully. I'm assuming the first gen hopper is having a hard time handling the time change but wanted to see if it was just my hopper as I've had quite a few other issues lately...

If you guys have DST issues with timers not updating etc, if you just put all the tuners into standby and give it 20 minutes, everything should update accordingly. This is the same for VIP and Hopper. Hopefully this isn't a duplicate post.

Actually, I was pleasantly surpised that my Hopper handled the time change just fine. This is the first time in my history with Dish that it has happened, afaik. They have always screwed up twice a year. Always.

I agree, in the past all time changes wreaked havoc on my timers. Happy that it was a smooth transition this time.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

If you guys have DST issues with timers not updating etc, if you just put all the tuners into standby and give it 20 minutes, everything should update accordingly. This is the same for VIP and Hopper. Hopefully this isn't a duplicate post.

How do you put timers into standby?

I think the most recent event-wipe was associated with the DST change.
However, a week earlier I also had one and had to start rebuilding the timers.
Then I realized I had saved them in the remote and started over.
That did save some time but I just don't like losing all--well, even weirder, most--events.
The reordering of timers is SLOW pushing one at a time up or down.
Best set that to start. It may be faster to rebuild a timer with new priority that to reorder it.
Because it does not have to check conflicts when building, it does when reordering.
The Mark 2000 Hopper will sometimes come up with no schedule on first view.
I've been trying to force an fsck as I used to on the VIP but not succeeding.
So it's been a few days without one and it is not just the Joey blocking it.
I'm trying to build my library of newer show and could use a 4th tuner.
The nice thing is sort-by-episode to find missing and duplicate recordings.
I have all--so far--on a new 2TB EHD but must decide on keepers, soon. 90% with IMDb>8.

-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)