More info on NFL RedZone on Dish

It has been a rule for HD absolute since it was created. No RSN's and no multi-sports pack. I do not know why but that is the way it has always been. Turbo customer are allowed RSN's and multi-sports but absolute customers have never been allowed to have them.

Already tried, same response. Unless something out of the blue comes, there's no chance of being able to stay an Absolute Customer and watch the Red Zone Channel. I was willing to pay 5.99/month cause I would love this channel, but I will not give up Absolute.
Strange that they don't want your $6/month (times all 12 of us Absolute subs :) ).

Aka: I want to give you more money Dish, and you won't take it because you don't recognize us anymore.

Do you get NFL Network in that package? If yes then you should get RedZone when you add the multisports package.
I do get NFL network in the Absolute HD package. And I cannot add the multi-sports package. Lame. Yes, please contact Dish about that Scott.

I'd be willing to pay the normal fee for the multi-sports package, but Dish says no thanks.

I don't know why they never allowed absolute subs to get the RSN's other than maybe because absolute is kind of a loss leader and they did not want the deal to be too sweet. I remember alot of people complaining about not having their local RSN included with absolute back when it was availble but not really any complaing about the lack of multi-sports availbility. Funny how one channel changes that.

Maybe I'm missing something, but you'd think it would be to a company's advantage to allow a customer to pay them to include an add-on package at the same rate that everyone else can add it. I doubt they would be loosing money by allowing an Absolute HD sub to pay for the multi-sport package. But then I don't know all the ins and outs of the contracts they have. E* hasn't been known for their brilliant marketing/program packaging though.

Maybe I'm missing something, but you'd think it would be to a company's advantage to allow a customer to pay them to include an add-on package at the same rate that everyone else can add it.
The folks that can add it are the subs that already have a base price high enough to support the incredibly expensive sports nets. Minimum programming is Classic Bronze 100+ ($49.99/mo) or TurboHD Silver ($39.99/mo) to be able to get access to the RSNs.

I don't think the margins are there on HD Absolute to support including the RSNs, that's why they were insistent from the get-go about no RSNs could be obtained through that package.

The original details of the Absoluter package are still available here.

No.

However if you get NFL HD then you can add the Multi Sports package for $5.99.

Unless of course you have Absolute! :(

I'd pay $9.99 for the package with Absolute! :)

They do allow the Superstation package which shows MLB (Yankees/Mets) and preseason football... I would also gladly exchange that for the multi-sport, or just the NFL RedZone alone! ;)

I don't know why they never allowed absolute subs to get the RSN's other than maybe because absolute is kind of a loss leader and they did not want the deal to be too sweet. I remember alot of people complaining about not having their local RSN included with absolute back when it was availble but not really any complaing about the lack of multi-sports availbility. Funny how one channel changes that.

Yes I am told that this is the reason.

[flamesuiton]It seems like in the last six months every thread on this site that involves programming quickly spirals into a b*tch session about compatibility with Turbo/Absolute packages.

Would it be possible to create a sticky thread like, "Official, (channel abc) isn't included in (package abc) and I'm pissed! thread" ??

I understand the posts questioning whether or not something will be added to a certain package but once we know which packages the channel will and will not be in it would be nice to move on.[/flamesuitoff]

The folks that can add it are the subs that already have a base price high enough to support the incredibly expensive sports nets. Minimum programming is Classic Bronze 100+ ($49.99/mo) or TurboHD Silver ($39.99/mo) to be able to get access to the RSNs.

I don't think the margins are there on HD Absolute to support including the RSNs, that's why they were insistent from the get-go about no RSNs could be obtained through that package.
Which channel(s) of the multi-sport package are incredibly expensive?

I'm not interested in the RSN's, btw. Why not just price the package for what the cost required would be for an Absolute HD sub to add it? I don't care if it's more than $6, but to be able to do it is the key.

Which channel(s) of the multi-sport package are incredibly expensive?

I'm not interested in the RSN's, btw.
That's primarily what the multi-sport pack consists of: RSNs. The production costs on those channels is huge because for every game they need on-air talent, camera crews, a mobile production truck, a production staff, and that all has to be uplinked to a master distribution facility like FSN's facility in Houston to be broadcast out to the cable and sat networks.

Why not just price the package for what the cost required would be for an Absolute HD sub to add it? I don't care if it's more than $6, but to be able to do it is the key.
You can do it anytime -- just change plans to Classic Bronze 100+ or better or TurboHD Silver or better and add the multi-sport pack.

What you're asking for is basically ala carte programming, which is something that Charlie has openly stated he supports. The problem is, none of the content producers want ala carte programming which is why the channel packages look eerily similar among pay TV providers.

That's primarily what the multi-sport pack consists of: RSNs. The production costs on those channels is huge because for every game they need on-air talent, camera crews, a mobile production truck, a production staff, and that all has to be uplinked to a master distribution facility like FSN's facility in Houston to be broadcast out to the cable and sat networks.
I thought there was a difference between the multi-sport package and a RSN package. Maybe I was misunderstanding.

You can do it anytime -- just change plans to Classic Bronze 100+ or better or TurboHD Silver or better and add the multi-sport pack.
I know I can change my base programming package at any time, but that isn't what I was talking about.

What you're asking for is basically ala carte programming, which is something that Charlie has openly stated he supports. The problem is, none of the content producers want ala carte programming which is why the channel packages look eerily similar among pay TV providers.
The multi-sport isn't listed in the ala-carte programming, it is listed with:
HBO
Starz
Showtime
Cinemax
Locals
Superstations
Multi-Sport

I can pay for any of those without changing my base programming package, except for multi-sport. Even if it was $100 for each add on, it would be nice to be able to do, instead of locked out of one.

who wants to bet money that Dish won't add it until a few months after the season starts?

who wants to bet money that Dish won't add it until a few months after the season starts?
I think this time will be different. They told their retailers that they can start advertising it. They have made it pretty clear this one will be here on the 13th. Don't think they want to tick off their legitimate resellers by not launching it on the day they said to advertise that it's coming.

I saw an advertisement last night by Dish promoting the RedZone channel......I don't think we'll be disappointed this time.