Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Great news! We are launching NFL Network’s new channel NFL RedZone on DISH Network! NFL RedZone will be available on September 13, 2009 on NFL’s opening day. NFL RedZone, produced by NFL Network, visits NFL games across the nation to bring customers the most exciting action as it happens. When a team goes inside the 20-yard line, known as the “red zone,” fans see the crucial plays as they happen. The channel keeps fans up-to-date in real time, switching from game to game with live look-ins, highlights and a chance to see every important play. For more information on NFL RedZone, visit NFL.com - Official Site of the National Football League.

NFL RedZone will be available within the Classic Silver 200 ($52.99/mo. with locals where available) WITH a subscription to the add-on package, Multi-Sport Package, which is $5.99/mo. Customers may also receive NFL RedZone in HD with a subscription to the HD add-on package. In order to receive HD local network programming, qualifying customers must also have a ViP®-series/MPEG-4 receiver and an applicable antenna pointed to either the 129° or 61.5° orbital location.

The Channel will air on Channel 155.

The SD Version of the RedZone channel will come from 110 / 72.7
The HD Version of the RedZone channel will come from 61.5 / 129

What happens when two teams different game, get into the red zone at the same time?? So much for real time.:D

Seriously though. This channel fits me. Not a fan of a paticular NFL team ( college football fan here) but I do watch. I already have the muti sports pack and yes I will watch this channel.

As I read Scott's original post, The Red Zone will be available as a part of the HD add-on package and won't require the multi-sports pack.

As I read Scott's original post, The Red Zone will be available as a part of the HD add-on package and won't require the multi-sports pack.

No, if you have the multisports package you get RedZone in SD, you have to have the HD add-on package PLUS the multisports pack to get the HD version.

What happens when two teams different game, get into the red zone at the same time?? So much for real time.:D

Seriously though. This channel fits me. Not a fan of a paticular NFL team ( college football fan here) but I do watch. I already have the muti sports pack and yes I will watch this channel.

They show 2-3 games at a time when necessary. When your team is not on, the RedZone channel is fantastic.

I have the sports pack, but I won't be receiving this channel. I would have to upgrade my sub by $13 a month in order to receive it. Thanks, but no thanks.

I think it is placed in the right spot. Basically, if you have NFL Network it is only going to cost $6 more per month during football season to get this channel. If this incarnation is anything like the D* version it is going to be worth it. Just think of how many posts we see that say "I gotta have Sunday Ticket just to get the Redzone channel." Well, ST runs nearly $400 full price with HD so I would say that a hair under $24 total for the season is a good deal.

Personally i think they should have kept the platinum package and added it there
Why would that have been a better placement? It would have cost us $4 more per month that way and the SD customers would have gotten screwed.

I only follow 2 out of market teams so before I contemplate adding back the RSN package I was wondering the following:

What happens to Redzone at the end of the football season? Does it go to a 24/7 slate?

Is there any other programming on during the week when football is in season?

Wow! This is great! I'm not a big fan of a particular team anymore so this is right up my alley. I'm shocked DISH is being friendly to the sports fan. But Hey! I'm not complaining.

Sounds like if I already have the Sports Pak I don't need to subscribe to anything else. Correct?

Wow! This is great! I'm not a big fan of a particular team anymore so this is right up my alley. I'm shocked DISH is being friendly to the sports fan. But Hey! I'm not complaining.

Sounds like if I already have the Sports Pak I don't need to subscribe to anything else. Correct?

Classic Silver 200 or higher package will get you SD version. HD package will also get you the HD version.

If Dish was smart (marketing wise) they would give it free to all subscribers the first week of the season. If it is as good as folks say it is then a lot of susbscribers will subscribe to the multisport package and some may upgrade their standard package to Silver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)