More new channels on Galaxy19 97W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

McGuyver

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
Nuclear Testing Grounds
If it hasn't already been posted I thought I'd mention the "Hello Channel" on TP 11789 is now up and another coming soon on 12060, there may be other's but I haven't looked through the entire list yet.

Thanks man! it's a nice channel, hopefully more kids now can really learn proper english (LOL).

Nowadays it's really odd the lingo/jargon kids use at school, it's getting to the point of sounding silly how they talk.

Even we as adults sometimes end up adopting some of those words (that's why i used the 'LOL' =D).

Cheers

M.

97W is a good sat that I tell new FTA'ers to point to, just because it has a broad range of programming. They can really get a feel for FTA. I hope more keeps getting added.

Can anybody tell me why 97 is crowded while a few others like 95 are are empty. What properties makes broadcasters choose 97?

Just want to learn.

Can anybody tell me why 97 is crowded while a few others like 95 are are empty. What properties makes broadcasters choose 97?

Just want to learn.
Convenience and exposure are a big factor, Broadcasters are able to reach more viewers by being grouped on one sat than to be scattered here & there. This would make other sats less desirable and many other sats may not be fully operational either.

Plus, I think it is basically the center of the lower 48, when talking longitude. Also, there are only about 3 companies acting as "providers" of most of the programming: Globecast, Pittsburgh, and RRSat. Three others provide about 4 mux's: San Francisco, DFH, and Go Sat.
One mux is not identified.

Is Something wrong with HELLO channel on 97W Ku?
It was perfect wor a weeks then from 2 days I got Good SQ but NO SIGNAL at all.
Tryed to Blinde scan on my SV HD8000 but still nothing?
No more HELLO???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)