More new channels on Galaxy19 97W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

McGuyver

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
Nuclear Testing Grounds
If it hasn't already been posted I thought I'd mention the "Hello Channel" on TP 11789 is now up and another coming soon on 12060, there may be other's but I haven't looked through the entire list yet.

Thanks man! it's a nice channel, hopefully more kids now can really learn proper english (LOL).

Nowadays it's really odd the lingo/jargon kids use at school, it's getting to the point of sounding silly how they talk.

Even we as adults sometimes end up adopting some of those words (that's why i used the 'LOL' =D).

Cheers

M.

97W is a good sat that I tell new FTA'ers to point to, just because it has a broad range of programming. They can really get a feel for FTA. I hope more keeps getting added.

Can anybody tell me why 97 is crowded while a few others like 95 are are empty. What properties makes broadcasters choose 97?

Just want to learn.

Can anybody tell me why 97 is crowded while a few others like 95 are are empty. What properties makes broadcasters choose 97?

Just want to learn.
Convenience and exposure are a big factor, Broadcasters are able to reach more viewers by being grouped on one sat than to be scattered here & there. This would make other sats less desirable and many other sats may not be fully operational either.

Plus, I think it is basically the center of the lower 48, when talking longitude. Also, there are only about 3 companies acting as "providers" of most of the programming: Globecast, Pittsburgh, and RRSat. Three others provide about 4 mux's: San Francisco, DFH, and Go Sat.
One mux is not identified.

Is Something wrong with HELLO channel on 97W Ku?
It was perfect wor a weeks then from 2 days I got Good SQ but NO SIGNAL at all.
Tryed to Blinde scan on my SV HD8000 but still nothing?
No more HELLO???

Status
Please reply by conversation.