More powerful LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sinebar

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2004
Can I get a LNB that is more powerful than the standard LNB's?

Not really but you can get a BIGGER dish with a dual LNB, thats the way most people go when needing more gain. A 30" dish is what I use for DirecTV/Dish, works great its really got to be REALLY bad weather to cause any problems, but thats satellite : )

30" Dish & LNB costs....

PSB,
I am considering upgrading to D* HDTV. I am in the process of trying to select the right receiver, what a pain. Anyway, due to rain fade I am also looking at possibly getting a larger dish. I have a 24" x 18" dish with 2 dual LNB's. What would be the cost for upgrading to a 30" dish with the same setup + an extra SAT C kit? If there is another way to do it, cool. I need to be able support 3 existing receivers + the HD receiver.

Thanks,
....jc

Sundog said:
PSB,
I am considering upgrading to D* HDTV. I am in the process of trying to select the right receiver, what a pain. Anyway, due to rain fade I am also looking at possibly getting a larger dish. I have a 24" x 18" dish with 2 dual LNB's. What would be the cost for upgrading to a 30" dish with the same setup + an extra SAT C kit? If there is another way to do it, cool. I need to be able support 3 existing receivers + the HD receiver.

Thanks,
....jc
You can go with Channel Masters Gain Master for a 3 LNB dish or find space for three 30" dishes to improve the gain. :) :) :)

Thanx Boba,
I take it that a 30" dish won't handle 3 LNB's? The CM Gain Master does look pretty good, now have to figure out how to mount it to a tower! :rolleyes:

Now the HD receiver, any suggestions? Need 1 that will always output SD on a secondary port no matter what's being output on the primary port.

Thanx,
....jc

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)