More proof the Lions are pathetic

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Since they're cleaning house anyway, and will likely aquire most players through trades, maybe it's not a bad idea to use it to hold on to one they want to keep. :confused:

Last edited:
:mad:

You can get a decent kicker in the 6-7 round or even UDFA.

Why do I continue to root for this team? My wife and FIL are Patriots season ticket holders, I should get her an "I'm with DUMMY" shirt for valentines day.

Martin Mayhew = Matt Millen, Jr.

Why do I continue to root for this team? My wife and FIL are Patriots season ticket holders, I should get her an "I'm with DUMMY" shirt for valentines day.

While I don't agree with the move of franchising Hanson, he is thier most reliable player and the only reason the score at all, after all the lie on's only need to make it to the opponents 40 generally.

Hanson has had a stellar career in Detrot, very reliable, particularly from 50 and out.
He was 8 for 8 at 50 and out this year, not bad for a 38 year old guy.

Jimbo

While I don't agree with the move of franchising Hanson, he is thier most reliable player and the only reason the score at all, after all the lie on's only need to make it to the opponents 40 generally.

I was thinking the same thing. They want to keep their only offensive threat.

Eventually, discussions about the Lions ineptitude will ultimately trigger a shutdown reflex. It's kind of a fight or flight or roll-over and play dead syndrome known all too well by the Lions faithful.:eek:

On a bright note, things couldn't get any worse...
Ummm......if their economy gets worse than it already is you may take back those words. This team stunk when the fans had money to go to the games, just imagine the lack of talent they could put on the field with no attendance at all. Starting at left guard we have? Joe the plumber. ;)

Ummm......if their economy gets worse than it already is you may take back those words. This team stunk when the fans had money to go to the games, just imagine the lack of talent they could put on the field with no attendance at all. Starting at left guard we have? Joe the plumber. ;)
I guess it could get worse for the Lions...back-to-back winless seasons.

Hey, this could actually be a good thing. Kickers don't get enough respect. They can win a game in the last seconds for you......of course you have to be close in order for it to work, but that's Detroit for you.

Hanson has had a stellar career in Detrot, very reliable, particularly from 50 and out.
He was 8 for 8 at 50 and out this year, not bad for a 38 year old guy.

Jimbo

This is true. Besides it's not like they got anybody else to "franchise" this season. Now the funny part. (There always is!) They're doing this as a contract tactic. He is 38 and they don't want to give him to a long term contract, and presumably would like to sign him as cheaply as possible. So the answer is tell the press we will "franchise" him. End of contract discussion if I'm Hanson's agent. They just told the world they going to make my guy one of the highest paid kickers in the league if we can't come to an agreement. You just can't make this kind of sh*t up! Absolutely priceless! And now we get to trust these "geniuses" with the most important draft in franchise history? If it weren't so funny, I'd be crying.

God help us LIONS fans!

Did you know that we drafted this guy in the second round? The guy has been one of the best kickers in NFL history, and deserves a spot in the HOF, BUT draft him in the second round? Proof that ineptitude has been happening here for decades.

THE DETROIT LIONS - REBUILDING SINCE 1957!!!

What's the point? We would have to waste another second round pick on a kicker. I'm telling you, Detroit fans would assassinate Mayhew for that trade. Hey, maybe there is an upside here....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts