More Receiver Problems But With A Twist

maximum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
Phoenix
Today I tried to set a timer on my 625 receiver but it wouldn't work. I then discovered that all of my recordings and timers were gone. After going through the usual steps (Hold in power button, unplug for 30 sec, etc.) I called customer support. They took me through the same procedure and had me read off info from the system info screen. Eventually they determined the hard drive was bad (again). :rant:

So I'm thinking, great, on top of losing all my recordings now they're going to want me to sign up for their protection program and/or pay $25 shipping for the new receiver. To my surprise the CSR said since I'm a loyal DISH customer they would waive the shipping fee. :eek: I practically had to lift my jaw off the floor.

Is DISH finally starting to value their existing customers? I hope this is a trend that will continue and not just a fluke.

Today I tried to set a timer on my 625 receiver but it wouldn't work. I then discovered that all of my recordings and timers were gone. After going through the usual steps (Hold in power button, unplug for 30 sec, etc.) I called customer support. They took me through the same procedure and had me read off info from the system info screen. Eventually they determined the hard drive was bad (again). :rant:

So I'm thinking, great, on top of losing all my recordings now they're going to want me to sign up for their protection program and/or pay $25 shipping for the new receiver. To my surprise the CSR said since I'm a loyal DISH customer they would waive the shipping fee. :eek: I practically had to lift my jaw off the floor.

Is DISH finally starting to value their existing customers? I hope this is a trend that will continue and not just a fluke.
Had they not given it to you free, you would have only had to add DHPP for a few days, then drop it. Less than a couple of bucks.

So shipping is now $25.00. When did that start? It wasn't too long ago it was $15.00.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts