More RTN on Galaxy 10 R?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
since they are both DT2 channels I have a feeling they may not show up or if they do, they will be on C-Band (as they currently do with the other 3 channels like that)

But here is hoping they show up on KU :)

Bring 'em on, I can handle them.

Tony: what is DT and LP mean? I see that hooked on to the call letters of various stations. As a matter of fact one of our locals is WTHI DT.

I am going out on a limb and say DT is "digital tramission."

-DT - Digital Television
-LP - Low Power
-CA - Class A (Low Power, but a protected channel assignment)

soon you'll see some

-LD - Low Power Digital Television
-DC - Digital Class-A

List of North American broadcast station classes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The one mentioned from Durham-Raleigh (WRAZ) is already on G3 C-band, in the old WXTL slot. So far it's only an ID, unless they've started programming today?

Al

G3/C or G10/ku don't make no difference to me, I have them covered. The more RTN channels the better. If WWOR came back that would be cool it has been off the big dish for years.

in addition the DT2, DT3 means subchannnel

usually DT1 is the HD version of a channel and the 2nd channel can be 24/7 news, a 2nd station or a SD feed.

I'd prefer G10 as my 6 footer has an issue with G3 Equity (that damn 7/8 FEC issue)

Don't all the RTN's have basically the same core programming? Don't really see why more channels of it would be necessary. Just wondering.

Don't all the RTN's have basically the same core programming? Don't really see why more channels of it would be necessary. Just wondering.

The core programming is more or less the same, but the schedules aren't. So you have a nice selection of programs to pick from when ever you turn on the TV. It also helps with recordings if you use a PC card.

also some of these have other affiliations in them

example is WBLU...they are a My affiliate and RTN. Also the 2 DT2 channels that have been up for a while on C-band are My/RTN

WNGS & KWWF have sports on them

Also each market has its own commercials...

Hey I aint complaining...Give me more English channels on G10 ;)

It also helps with recordings if you use a PC card
Absolutely. I love having a movies on at 7PM CST and at 9 PM CST the same night on another channel. If the computer accidentally reboots itself during the 7:00 recording and I'm not there to fix it since I'm at the in-laws for dinner, if I get back by 8:59 I can make sure the computer's on and ready to go at 9. I have an autoboot thingy set up so that the nextorm software will automatically turn itself on 5 minutes after rebooting... which helps too for that sort of issue. I made it 5 minutes instead of just a shortcut to the program in the startup folder since shortcut in startup sometimes works and sometimes does not since Direct X and a lot of other startup junk has to initialize... giving it 5 minutes seems to let enough time pass for nextorm to be ok and ready to roll when the next recording time hits.

i got 10r working finally here in nfld canada,like the channels im getting 35 channels with my 6ft dish now im going to soon in stall my c/ku band bsc621-2 and remove the stdlmbf.love the rtn channels.just wish there were more channels not that i got anything against spanish ,there are some beautyfull woman there.lol.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts