More rumors of a MaxiPad coming...

mike123abc

Too many cables
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/apple-ipad-tablet-foxconn-quanta,25138.html

Interesting that they are talking of not only a larger screen, but a higher resolution approaching 4k. If the iPad goes 16x9 and UHD it could be quite interesting. Especially if it comes out in March.

"The 12.9-inch iPad will have improved picture quality. As the Apple partner intends to boost its lineup for displays that have almost ultra high-definition (UHD) quality, the upcoming iPad will provide very clear quality similar to that of UHD," said the official.

Earlier this month, Chinese-based Pad News claimed that longtime Apple manufacturing partner Foxconn is currently testing a new, large-format iPad, supporting either a screen measuring 11.4 inches diagonally or a 12.9-inch screen. The site said the tablet is in an advanced stage of testing, and Apple plans to reveal the device in March.

Now for me if it had a detachable keyboard like the MS Surface it could be big enough for me to eliminate the need to take my iPad and Laptop on trips. I wonder if they will also include some sort of kick stand like function?

But lots of folks make inexpensive bluetooth keyboards for the ipad. Also covers with the keyboard built in that provide the screen rest.

Thanks for info and sharing sounds interesting but I think I would change the name Maxipad doesn't sound right or good!! :eek::rolleyes::p:D;):)

Last edited:
If I were them I think I would consider a different name.Pretty sure there are already maxipads on the market.:eek:

The only reason I really carry an iPad and a laptop is because the iPad screen is too small for me to do my remote desktop for business without constant zooming in and out. It is too slow to do work on it. A larger screen would really help eliminate the need to lug the laptop along. I kind of was debating an Mac Air laptop, but the rumors of a larger iPad had me postpone my decision.

It'll make a wonderful laptop competitor.
Woops, laptops in that size range are $350!
It'll be too heavy & unwieldy to use in the hand so will always need to use a stand.
(Sounds more like a laptop already.) :)
Well, luckily Apple has their 64 bit processor in production. :up
(Does your favorite PC app run on it?). ;)

It all depends on the screen technology. If they can use a screen like they have on the iPad air, and trim the other bezel down like they did on the iPad air and went to 16x9 instead of the current 4x3, it might not be much larger and heavier than the 10" screen. Since they have more surface area they could make it thinner and keep the same battery capacity.

It all depends on the screen technology. If they can use a screen like they have on the iPad air, and trim the other bezel down like they did on the iPad air and went to 16x9 instead of the current 4x3, it might not be much larger and heavier than the 10" screen. Since they have more surface area they could make it thinner and keep the same battery capacity.

With a bigger screen with a higher pixel density, the battery would almost certainly have to be a larger capacity one, or battery life would plummet.

With a bigger screen with a higher pixel density, the battery would almost certainly have to be a larger capacity one, or battery life would plummet.

True, but I was thinking of the extra space available since the screen size is bigger. I bet they could do it and have the new larger iPad still weigh less than the iPad 3/4 since the iPad Air is 40% less than those. They could add a lot of screen and battery and still not weigh as much as the previous generation.

The only reason I carry a surface Pro with Keyboard along with my ipad is to have the windows OS for those aps. Otherwise, ipad does everything else I need. Has nothing to do with the screen or keyboard. I never considered using a BT Keyboard with my ipad. I rarely use the Surface Pro like a tablet, but I can if I want.

Wake me up when ipad supports a 3D auto stereo screen. :) I'll be hot on that to upgrade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)