More stupid 522 listings to avoid

Agreed I recently found a 322 & 522 listed with the R00 numbers called DISH tech support and found they were leased receivers that weren't available for sale they were the property of DISH Network. Buyers must check to protect themselves Ebay is only interested in the sales commissions.

I`m not sure what is in Ebay interest but know for sure about DishNetwork interest- called CSR to lease 522, they offered me one for $5/mo plus $198 up front, after 5 years of subscription- talking about beeing ripped off :confused: I`ll take Ebay, thanks...

boba said:
Agreed I recently found a 322 & 522 listed with the R00 numbers called DISH tech support and found they were leased receivers that weren't available for sale they were the property of DISH Network. Buyers must check to protect themselves Ebay is only interested in the sales commissions.

Did you contact Ebay and report that the item was stolen? After all, if someone is selling an item that Echostar claims it owns, then you can report to Ebay that stolen items are being sold.

Of course, my bet is that Ebay makes such reporting of information so complicated that you end up saying "forget it". The fact is Ebay doesn't care but has to pay lip service to it or be liable for damages as being part of the problem.

JohnP :mad:

e.saunder said:
I`m not sure what is in Ebay interest but know for sure about DishNetwork interest- called CSR to lease 522, they offered me one for $5/mo plus $198 up front, after 5 years of subscription- talking about beeing ripped off :confused: I`ll take Ebay, thanks...

They raised it even more? :rolleyes: Lol, I just got 2 Directivo's from VE for even less than that, and I OWN them.

jpezz said:
Did you contact Ebay and report that the item was stolen? After all, if someone is selling an item that Echostar claims it owns, then you can report to Ebay that stolen items are being sold.

Of course, my bet is that Ebay makes such reporting of information so complicated that you end up saying "forget it". The fact is Ebay doesn't care but has to pay lip service to it or be liable for damages as being part of the problem.

JohnP :mad:
Yeah - I tried that back when ALL x22's were lease-only. eBay didn't care.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts