more than 4 receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bsilvertab

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 12, 2004
Rockford MI
I have a friend here to has 1 522 and 2 311s all hooked to a DP Quad. He wants to add two more tuners. What is the easyest way to do this and will dish allow 6 tuners to be on one account?

Thanks,
BSilvertab

My suggestion would be to add a dp34 switch. Run one line from the DP quad to the receiver, (somebody help me on this , I have done several 3 sat installs, but never using a quad.), then run the reciever you disconnected from the quad from the 34 and add 2 more receivers. I've done a few 6 receiver installs, but we work mostly with SD here, so always use 2 dp34's.

bsilvertab said:
I have a friend here to has 1 522 and 2 311s all hooked to a DP Quad. He wants to add two more tuners. What is the easyest way to do this and will dish allow 6 tuners to be on one account?

Thanks,
BSilvertab

A DP34 Switch is the best way to go. Outputs 1&2 or 3&4 should be used from the quad dont mix. Hook 2 outputs from the quad into inputs 1 and 2 of the DP 34 and you will have 4 available outputs from the switch. The 2 lines left from the quad are still usable and that makes 6 lines for 6 tuners. and yes dish will allow 6 tuners/recievers on one account.

note: the reason I say dont mix is that it just causes problems and by mixing I mean 1&3 2&4, etc you get the Idea. Hope this helps.

Note Note: This Is how my system is wired.

Yup - Shadow's nailed it.

It's also a good idea to make sure your dual-tuner boxes are also on 1+2 or 3+4 ports on either the switch or the Quad. It's an easy way to avoid possible problems.

While you're doing all this, check your grounding and bring it up to snuff. :)

SimpleSimon said:
It's also a good idea to make sure your dual-tuner boxes are also on 1+2 or 3+4 ports on either the switch or the Quad. It's an easy way to avoid possible problems.

I forgot to mention that.... the 522 has a voltage problem when its on seperate feeds like 2-3 or 2-4 dont know why...

Yeah - it can get futzy to pass DC power to the LNBFs from "any available" source without causing things like ground loops or other electrical wierdness. You'd think a simple diode would do it - but we're dealing with 2GHz AC signals at the same time, so it probably gets messy. Because of this there might be something in the LNB switch design that makes it "like" certain arrangements.

Anyone that knows more wanna chime in here please?

If I wanted to have more than 4 receivers, could I just install another dish and have my new receivers use the second dish?

It would probably be easier to do that than to run cable clear to the other side of the house.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)