more than on lnbf on one 38'' dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

westcoaster

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 27, 2009
sechelt b.c. canada
Hi everyone
I have a 38’’ dish pointed at 129 for with springs TV. can I add an lnbf and get 125 for AMC21 p.b.s. Channels? Or could I point the dish at 125 and add two more lnbf’s and get 123 on one side and 127 on the other side.
Is there a some were on this site to get this info? Did not see anything.
Thanks for you time.

Hi everyone
I have a 38’’ dish pointed at 129 for with springs TV. can I add an lnbf and get 125 for AMC21 p.b.s. Channels? Or could I point the dish at 125 and add two more lnbf’s and get 123 on one side and 127 on the other side.
Is there a some were on this site to get this info? Did not see anything.
Thanks for you time.

Yes, you can do 125 and 129. Personally, I'd aim the dish at 125 and put the LNB for 129 off-centre. You basically need a minimum of 4 degrees between satellites, so 123/125/127 is not possible.

not much on 127 anyways :)

But yeah 4 degree spacing has been done. Keith is right. Aim at 125 and add for 129. WSTV is very strong signal

Cool! Thanks I did mean 129 and not 127.
[FONT=&quot]Thanks KEITH and ICEBERG. any special way to go about this?
or i guess it's just a matter of playing around till you get it.
thanks again.
[/FONT]

I was just going to pile on and suggest you aim at 125°, with 129° slightly off center.
Mount the 129° LNB to the east side of the 125° lnb.
Members here get Whitesprings (note their new freq) on much smaller dishes, and I think the robust FEC helps that a lot.

THEN, if you mount another LNB (circular this time) off to the other side (west) of center, you could pick up 119° for NASA and whatever else may be unencrypted these days.
Some religious station, and maybe a kid station...?

edit:
don't forget PBS is AC3, so you'll need to hook your FTA receiver to a suitable decoder/amp
edit again:
I was chatting with Iceberg while we were both posting here, and he reminded me that Montana PBS is not AC3.
Frankly, I got two or three PBS stations OTA, so I never look. :)

Last edited:
since you are on the west coast I'd aim at 125W first...then if you are standing in front of the dish facing it, it goes on the right of the existing LNB. When you work with multiple LNB's they are placed opposite of the way they are in the sky.

Since on the west coast 125 & 129 are close in elevation just place it next to the existing LNB and watch the quality on the receiver meter

Ok thanks ICEBERG. I see what your saying. Good information.

Thanks ANOLE
For the info. I do get these satellites now but just wanted to try something different. Play at something.
White springs is starting to getting pretty week buy the time it gets here but I see that you’re almost in the same footprint. Average 75 quality about 61 when its cloudy witch it’s suppose to be tomorrow with rain till next spring probably.
They have really turned up the power on 125. Getting Montana p b s on a 30’’ dish and could not before on a 30’’.

[FONT=&quot]Tanks for the help you guys. Really appreciate it. Enjoy this site a lot.[/FONT]

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)