More than one UHF remote on a 322?

Fritzo

Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
I have the UHF tuner on my 322 split between two TV's. RIght now, I have to move the remote from one room of the house to another. If I got a second UHF remote off of ebay, could I set it up so that both UHF remotes would be able to control the 322 tuner? Or does it only recognize one UHF tuner at a time?

You can have as many UHF remotes as you want, but they will only control the TV 2 output. Just make sure to assign them to the right address.

Reply for consistancy...

I already answered him over at Anandtech but I'll post it here as well in case someone needs it:D

Edit: Disregard all of the below, I misunderstood what you were trying to do, what you want to do is a piece of cake. Pickup another TV2 remote off ebay, Go to the system info screen (6, 1, 3 I believe), Look for the TV2 remote ID (a # from 1-16, should be 1 if it is default but it may be different) Set the remote ID to the same (Hold down the Sat button till everything blinks, type in a 2 digit # from 01 - 16, hit the pound button (#), If you did it all right you should have a 2nd remote that works just like the other

Yes you can use 2 uhf remotes with all of the dual tuner receivers that I have dealt with(322/622/625), it sometimes is a pain in the neck to setup but it is possible There is an option in the menu to enable it on remote #1 (I want to say it's labeled "UHF Pro" but I'm not sure on that), then you have to go to the system info screen and get the selector to remote 1, then change the ID to a random # (Hold down the Sat button till everything blinks, type in a 2 digit # from 01 - 16, hit the pound button (#), then hit the record key on the remote, you should see the remote ID on the system info screen switch to UHF and the # change to the one you entered in the remote)

If you have any problems, PM me and I'll see if I can find the actual directions around here somewhere

Good Luck,

WTT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)