Mark_AR

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
North Arkansas
Called E* today...

811's are on back order til maybe christmas, but who knows. :|

The 921 appearance date: All the CSR could tell me was 'sometime in January'. This comforted me to no end. -NOT-
:(

I might be able to get a 522 next week though. Whoopie SPIT!

Saturday I will order my Hitachi 57S500. Why? I dunno. All I may be able to get is a 1 local HD station and it is 75 miles away. :x

Then my local E* rep mentioned that there was a new service being launched with a lot of HD content, but she couldn't remember the name. I told her it was VOOM. 'yeah, thats it'

Oh Brother. :rolleyes:

With that I called D*. They will upgrade me to HD for 395.00 plus $25.00 shipping charges and 105.00 month for all programming and mirroring. No TIVO though.

Hmmm....

I swear this feels like a Monday morning at 9AM after an all weekend bender.

:aargh:

Hey Mark, I'm down her in southeast Ar, Barton to be specific. I just ordered a 51s700 because I couldnt stand it anymore. I'm waiting for all this 811 and 921 stuff to settle out so I can sign up as a new customer and hopefully get something free or at least greatly discounted.

There's a guy down here that recently got cable and he is going to sell me his tower/antenna/rotor setup for like 200 bucks. I'm hoping to hit Memphis locals, the tower is like 40 feet tall...lol.

Let me know how everything works out

aquacure said:
I'm waiting for all this 811 and 921 stuff to settle out so I can sign up as a new customer and hopefully get something free or at least greatly discounted.

Well don't count on the 921 to have any discount or deal attached to it for a long, long time. When and IF it ever hits mainstream, it is a luxury item and therefore is a CASH purchase.(At least til charlie makes some money off of us 'bigger, better, faster' people.)

aquacure said:
There's a guy down here that recently got cable and he is going to sell me his tower/antenna/rotor setup for like 200 bucks. I'm hoping to hit Memphis locals, the tower is like 40 feet tall...lol.

Hmmm take that 200 bucks and run some RG6 cable from his house to yours. :D

Yeah, anyway, 40 feet is probably in the neighborhood of how high mine is. I know its huge, but I need that PLUS an amplifier just to get 'fair' reception for 75-80 miles.(Springfield)

Make sure you have a grounding block on your antenna lead at the base of the tower and it wouldnt hurt to get a 'good' surge protector with cable connectors for inside to protect your equipment at least a little bit.

Mother nature hath no fury like electronics scorched.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)