Mororized Dish

capsmvp

Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
Hello,

I'm just a guy who's had enough of my hockey package in sd and want to upgrade next season to hd.

My question: I have an Invacom motorized dish lnb that i use for ku feeds. One of the outputs is circular. If I use my fta receiver to steer it to say 129 west, can I use a subscribed dish network receiver to view what is on that satellite by plugging the coax into the dish network receiver?

Thanks.

that is odd way of doing that. First off the dishnetwork receiver will have to be a MPEG-4 HD receiver. Also your motorized dish will have to be a DBS circular polarity.

Hi capsmvp and the group, The thing to look into is Dish HD receivers are normally used with band stacked circler LNBs. I don't think the Invacom is band stacked. It would be interesting to try - hook up the dish HD receiver and then run a check switch. Might list the Invacom LNB as a legacy LNB. Don't know if it would work but it would be fun to try. Let us know how it goes, DC

Depends

Hi capsmvp and the group, The thing to look into is Dish HD receivers are normally used with band stacked circler LNBs. I don't think the Invacom is band stacked. It would be interesting to try - hook up the dish HD receiver and then run a check switch. Might list the Invacom LNB as a legacy LNB. Don't know if it would work but it would be fun to try. Let us know how it goes, DC

The Invacom he has could be circular but most likely not band stacking. So he will need to get a E* LNB. That would be a start Iceberg will know even more than I.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)