Most HD Channels today are making me motion sick, anyone else?

Trev19

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 13, 2006
I notice i change in the motion of HD programming today, i dont know if its cause by a new 211/411 update, but its making me sick to my stomach and head. Anyone notice this, i hope not , i dont wanna look like a fool lol.

Trev19 said:
I notice i change in the motion of HD programming today, i dont know if its cause by a new 211/411 update, but its making me sick to my stomach and head. Anyone notice this, i hope not , i dont wanna look like a fool lol.

What type of TV do you have? DLP?

720p will only be upconverted or 1080i downconverted by the resolution of your tv. How would that help. I find that fast pans accross the screen make your eyes try to focus on the background information as you do on a still screen. If I concentrate on the background in a scan I get dizzy.
I think the camera people will have to learn all over again on how to shoot in HD.

"There is nothing wrong with E*'s MPEG-4 encoders; there is nothing wrong with E*'s MPEG-4 receivers; there is no such thing as HD-Lite and, ever if there were, you people and your HDTVs won't notice a difference.":rolleyes:

~Charlie Ergen

I only notice it recently so it had to be the latest software update that changed something.. or something.. i will try your opinions. and its a CRT

I have a friend who smokes and then sits in front of the HDTV setup in my living room. she says it's pretty trippy and it's like being in Africa/Artic/OCC Bike shop or where ever Discoovery HD is when we put it on!! :D

Is the sound slightly off from the video? That throws me off when it happens. Look to see if people talking is slightly behind the lip movment.