Most lopsided wins by your favorite team you can recall

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
As fans of certain teams,

we remember victories, whether close or lopsided.

IMO, the butt-kickings are what I remember, especially as a Sabres fan.

Buffalo has put up some hellacious beatdowns on past opponents:

October 1992- 12-3 over the once-pathetic Ottawa Senators in a game I went to

January 2006- Double-hat tricks in a 10-1 demolition of a decent L.A. Kings team

2006 Playoffs- Sabres humiliate the Flyers 8-2 in a game that exposes Philly as a team of slow, plodding, and overrated slowpokes

I'm sure you guys remember.

What are your favorite tlopsided laughers your heroes have put up?

I'll make some predictons as to what some of you guys might say:

BillDel84- Memorial Day Massacre- Game 1, 1985 NBA Finals

Sandra- Back-to-back 6-0 WIPEOUTS of the Ice-landers in that Cup-winning year of 1994
(IMO, if you want to win Sandra's heart over, show her clips of the Rangers DEMOLISHING the Isles)

HD MM- Cleveland's Game 2 and Game 6 demolitions of the Wizards in the 2008 NBA playoffs

Jimbo- Detroit's 8-2 clubbing of the Colorado geezers in the second-round sweep

Bengals beat the Cowboys 50-24. This was a game I attended in 1985.

1977 Football Season:

LSU 77
Rice 0

49-0 at half. LSU put their second offensive team in during the 2nd quarter, and 3rd string quaterback in during the 3rd.

Sandra- Back-to-back 6-0 WIPEOUTS of the Ice-landers in that Cup-winning year of 1994
(IMO, if you want to win Sandra's heart over, show her clips of the Rangers DEMOLISHING the Isles)

Goodness that was so nice!

After winning at home in straight sets we then went to the decrepit Mausoleum, and beat them 5-2 and 5-1, I think. The series drove Al Arbour right out of coaching, and he never coached again!

My dad said Bill Torrey sold his soul and his bow tie to the devil in the early 80's, getting guaranteed cup wins to be followed after that by a lifetime of ineptitude, criminal ownership, laughing-stock uniforms, a rotting building, eight fans total, incredibly bad front office decisions, idiotic ice girls, and probably the eventual folding of the team.

Winning the cup was unbelievable. Messier's guarantee and Matteau's goal were amazing.

But wiping the Ice-landers off the face of the map...oh yes, THAT was sweet sweet retribution.

Sandra

As fans of certain teams,

2006 Playoffs- Sabres humiliate the Flyers 8-2 in a game that exposes Philly as a team of slow, plodding, and overrated slowpokes

Those slow, plodding, and overrated slowpokes made it to the eastern conference finals this year. While your guys were playing golf. Although, I will have to thank the Sabres for a couple of guys whose last names begin with a B. :D

How about the college game between Georgia Tech vs Cumberland.

222-0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)