OTHER Moteck SG2100 Motor Stuck

dr pkr

Original poster
Mar 17, 2018
USA
Hi. My Moteck SG2100 motor got stuck , won't move east or west, either manually or from STB. Green led at motor. Already tried to reset, no change. Took receiver to motor with short coax and same trouble. I hear both relays clicking . Disassembled, removed motor from housing to eliminate worn, or bad gears, won't turn. The motor was installed last year with little use. Motor was working fine until yesterday. Both relays failed at same time ? Where can I get parts for this ? Vendor went OO Business. Maybe the control board ? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys dr pkr!
Sorry to hear about your motor. If you had extra motors you might be able to Frankenstein something together.
Unfortunately, unless a member here a an old one, you may be better off to find a new one. I would go with a STAB HH90. Great warranty, been around for years and good motors...also easier to find parts.
Put a meter across your relays and see if they are working properly. Perhaps you can find a number off the motor and replace.

If it's the type that has a small circuit board mounted directly onto the back of the motor, check the solder joints connecting the motor to the board for bad solder joints.

If it's the type that has a small circuit board mounted directly onto the back of the motor, check the solder joints connecting the motor to the board for bad solder joints.

Thanks for the replies. When I opened the housing, I smelled "electrical" type odor, normal ? I can hear the relays click when I push the single east-west button. Don't seem to be any bad joints. I see momentary voltage at relays when I press the button, then voltage drops quickly. A couple of times the motor started turning again briefly & it stops again.

Thanks for the replies. When I opened the housing, I smelled "electrical" type odor, normal ? I can hear the relays click when I push the single east-west button. Don't seem to be any bad joints. I see momentary voltage at relays when I press the button, then voltage drops quickly. A couple of times the motor started turning again briefly & it stops again.

UPDATE:
I connected 12 volts to the motor' s pins, bypassing the boards and the motor turns in both directions. Getting voltage at the connector from the control board, so I think it's the mini board mounted on the motor. Connected 12v at mini board pins M+ & grd, M- & grd, nothing happens.

No smell is normal in electronic work, my nose was always the first tool, next my eyes, then my meter post a pic of the board bottom and top of it if it's cold where you live, do it with a humidifier on or static will kill what left

UPDATE:
I connected 12 volts to the motor' s pins, bypassing the boards and the motor turns in both directions. Getting voltage at the connector from the control board, so I think it's the mini board mounted on the motor. Connected 12v at mini board pins M+ & grd, M- & grd, nothing happens.
You have to connect the power to M+ and M- or reverse but do this only when you disconnect the cable from the mainboard of the motor . Both relays shorten the motor leads when they are not on . see schematics
If the motor turns a little at each attempt , it could be a lack of pulses provided by the magnet and hall sensor at the motor cicuitboard .
Most faillure are the contacts in the relays .

SG2100  schema.jpg

You have to connect the power to M+ and M- or reverse but do this only when you disconnect the cable from the mainboard of the motor . Both relays shorten the motor leads when they are not on . see schematics
If the motor turns a little at each attempt , it could be a lack of pulses provided by the magnet and hall sensor at the motor cicuitboard .
Most faillure are the contacts in the relays .

View attachment 131948

Thanks for the tips. I connected power to the M+ & M- & the motor operates east & west. The relays click but the motor doesn't budge when connected normally. I tried contacting Moteck several times for possible replacement of Motor control board but had no response. Might look at Stab HH 90 or HH 100 since I'm not a skilled technician.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)