Motor Home Dish setup

tjrocks

Original poster
Apr 1, 2009
Choctaw OK
Have a Motor home with and old Winegard single LNB dish, I hooked a Dish net 301 to it and can connect with satellite 110, is there a way to also connect with 119. The Dish point menu says the locations are the same?

Also I have a Dish 500 with 2 LNBs, If I can figure out how to replace the old Winegard with the 500 and make it fold up for traveling (it is mounted on the roof) like the Winegard does, what else would I need to make it recieve. Will the 500 then link to 110 and 119.

The single LNB dish has 1 cable connection, the 500 has 3 cable connections?

Thanks, Tom

The single lnb will only get one satellite but your 500 should work. Get a ground mount for it, point it and you should be good to go. It sounds like you have a Dish Pro Plus twin lnb on the dish. Two of the three connections are outputs and one is an input. Connect to one of the two outputs, it doesn't matter which one.

yes, a tripod or ground mount will do the best for you. you'll see them everywhere at rv spots. there is almost always someone around who can help you aim it.
as bross said, a dp or dpptwin will also do the best for you. be sure to run a checkswitch after you hook it up to your receiver and aim it.

We do it the cheap way here....just use the foot mount that comes with the dish and mount it to a piece of wood....plywood works fine 2ftx2ft and use metel tent stakes to hold it in the ground.I've watched several people picking up their dish and tripods after the storms when my plywood mount is still fine:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)