This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Motor Wire Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

slimmswitch

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 22, 2004
I've been really lazy lately have not had time to test but... I have chapparal corotor 2 feedhorn... I have the motor connected to my pansat 2700A. The problem is it's not switching from V->H or R->L (or the oposite way). I dont know if this maybe causing the problem, I found some old cable cable that has white , black and yellow. Do i need to be using special cable when attaching the motor to the receiver, or as long as it has the 3 wires i should be fine.

Please advise.

Servo?

Not sure about the pansat end since I THINK it changes polarity in a different way (I do not know if it can control the polorator servo motor?)

If you are not sure...it is the little rectangular box on the Co Rotor with the 3 wires going to it - usually blue if it is a chapparel brand

Anyway when these symptoms show up on a 4DTV, it is almost always the wiring or the little servo motor (about $20).

Any wire should do. You should try to get a cheap ohm meter (good to have - about $10) and check the continuity of each wire. If the wiring is ok, try replacing the servo motor on the co rotor II. it is only 4 screws and the 3 wires + the supplied O ring...DO UNPLUG YOUR RECEIVER BEFORE MESSING WITH THE WIRES THOUGH!!!!!
good luck
jeff

servo control

My pansat 2500 A has servo control connections on the back. This will control your servo motor. Any 3 conductor cable will work. Depending on how far it is going, under 200 feet you would probably be safe with 20 awg wire. 18 gauge would be better.

I have used cat 5 cable for servo cable before and it worked. I have also used thermostat wire for actuator cable from the M1 M2 terminals from my analog c-band receiver to position the dish.

I have read some posts where folks were having reed switch problems and used shielded cable to prevent pulse count losses.

Good luck-trucker

Status
Please reply by conversation.