Need Help - Paraclipse 12 F Von Weiss Motor Gera outside Board

Redsealovers

Original poster
Sep 16, 2022
Giza
Hi …. I want to know the outside board use .. as it does work only towards one direction and if I connect the motor direct without the board ,, it function in both directions ..

I can see that one of the components on the board is broken .. but I can not recognize this component what is it to purchase a new one ..

Can anyone help to identify what is this electronic component on the board ,,,

Thanks

Attachments

• 5BB76483-DBD7-4056-B52F-FEDFB1AF026A.jpeg
    5BB76483-DBD7-4056-B52F-FEDFB1AF026A.jpeg
    151.4 KB · Views: 124
Hi …. I want to know the outside board use .. as it does work only towards one direction and if I connect the motor direct without the board ,, it function in both directions ..

I can see that one of the components on the board is broken .. but I can not recognize this component what is it to purchase a new one ..

Can anyone help to identify what is this electronic component on the board ,,,

Thanks
Missed putting the photo

Looks really old. I wasn't in FTA back then but looks like it may be a reed switch? I'm sure someone will come along with actual memory of these things and say for sure. :)

Reactions: Redsealovers
East / West limit switch (mercury type switch???) There was a thread on this site 10+ years ago where someone was rebuilding a Paraclipse HH and had questions about the motor sensors. I'll see if I can find it.

Here it is: Paraclipse H-to-H Reed Sensor Replacement - A better photo of the board. Basically it prevented the mount from driving the reflector into the ground limiting travel to 180 degrees of coverage .

East / West limit switch (mercury type switch???) There was a thread on this site 10+ years ago where someone was rebuilding a Paraclipse HH and had questions about the motor sensors. I'll see if I can find it.

Here it is: Paraclipse H-to-H Reed Sensor Replacement - A better photo of the board. Basically it prevented the mount from driving the reflector into the ground limiting travel to 180 degrees of coverage .
Thanks very much

Now it is clear …

They are Magnet Reed Switch .. and there are 2 magnets glued at each end .. to stop the motor once it is at the end of the reel.

Hurray ,, I need to purchase one to replace the broken one.

Hope all will go well .

Just FYI mine is still floating around in there...LOL.....if you need more pics of that board redsealovers, send me a PM because I don't stop in every day where I'd see it.

I changed the reed again here recently and had to use one from an actuator that isnt nearly as accurate, but it works, and keeps on chuggin.

Thanks for dredging that old thread up, Brian, I sure do miss Brother Rich. :-(