motorhome dish network

bake3383

Original poster
Sep 11, 2009
Texas
I currently have a manual crank-up and point single LNB on my motorhome and I would like to remove the single lnb dish and replace it with one that would recieve 110,119,and 129 like I have at home. I have seen people replace to the 500 dish on the same mount and wondered if anyone has a sense of this working for the 3 lnb dish.
Thanks for your replys.

Bake

Are you familiar with the phrase"DREAM ON"? A single dish has an elevation and azimuth to find a single satellite. A 3 LNB dish has to change elevation azimuth and "SKEW" for each location you stop at much more complex. The best scenario for you is a tripod mount that you can manually setup each time you stop. The first stop is your backyard to experiment with setting it up.

Yes, I'm afraid he's right, using products on the market today. The 3 LNB dishes will be a bit more of a challenge to aim than the 2 LNB 500. Both have skew.

On the bright side, using a tripod gives you more flexibility in where you park the MH.

I have done the dish 500 dual lnb tripod thing and continue to do it when I'm in place for a few days. I added the rooftop dish so when I am parked for the 1 or 2 nights I can crank it up and look between 119 and 110. I just don't want to be out the 1200. or so for another rooftop dish system. Would be nice to use the hdtv off of the rooftop unit. But, if I can't then so be it. I posted here hoping for some input and will hold out for whatever else comes my way.
Thanks for your input.

Bake

Wineguard makes a dish that receives all 3 sat's, it is automatic and the dish alone goes for around $1500, the installation is a seperate issue. good luck

Looks like a new product. The Winegard Trav'ler works with 110 119 & 129. Other versions work with DirecTV.

Please let us know you got this information and if it helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts