Motorhome setup?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

3dcal

Original poster
Nov 20, 2021
Escondido, Ca

Hi everyone,​

I'm brand new here, and would appreciate any tips or info on how to connect
a Hopper3 w/Sling to the dish on our motorhome. The Hopper3 is normally
in the bedroom at home, but want to disconnect it to take with us when we're away
from home.

We switched from DirectTV last year, and took off the old dish, & bought the following:

1. Dish Network 1000.2 Dish 110, 119, 129 Satellites High Definition Dish
  2. DISH Network 185836 Duo Node For Hopper/Joey
  3. Satellite Signal Finder,SF-95DR
How do I connect everything together?
  1. Do I need a Dish Network Dish Pro Plus Triplexer in addition or in place of the Duo Node?
  2. Which cables to from the LNBs to the different inputs on the Duo Node?
  3. Does only one cable connect from the Duo Node to the Hopper3?
  4. Can I leave the Signal Finder in place or have to remove it after tuning signal?
I found this page, but pretty technical with no pics, and is for home install.

Thanks in for your help!
Cal

DISH Network 185836 Duo Node For Hopper/Joey
You do not need this. This is designed for Hopper 1 or Hopper with Sling (Not to be confused with Hopper 3 with Sling). It will not work for the H3. Also, the LNB of your satellite dish needs to be a Hybrid model. It will be labeled as DPH or DPHybrid. If you are not connecting a Joey in the RV, all you need is a single coax run from port 1 on the Hybrid LNB to Hopper3.

1. Do I need a Dish Network Dish Pro Plus Triplexer in addition or in place of the Duo Node?
  2. Which cables to from the LNBs to the different inputs on the Duo Node?
  3. Does only one cable connect from the Duo Node to the Hopper3?
Again, see above. Nothing else needed between Dish and Hopper unless you are connecting Joeys as well.

Can I leave the Signal Finder in place or have to remove it after tuning signal?
It will work, but given that Hybrid signals are transmitted from LNB to receivers in a different manner then traditional satellite signal, I would highly discourage it. You could connect a short coax cable on port 2 with the meter and use that for aligning, and then switch to port 1 when you want the receiver to start receiving signal.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)