Motorized dish issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bobbyac

Original poster
Jun 27, 2008
Hi everyone,

My Setup:
Winegard 31" dish
Digipower SG-2100 DiSEqC Motor
Invacom Quad Polar LNBF
CNX-Duo receiver

My Location
Dish Setup Data Latitude: 48.428°
Longitude: -123.423°
Distance: 38233km
Motor Latitude Angle: 48.4°
Azimuth (true): 180.0°
Azimuth (magn.): 161.8° using Compass
Declination angle: 7.2°
Dish elevation: 23°
The issue that I'm having is the the dish bracket and the motor shaft will not let me set the elevation of the dish below 30 degrees (7degrees from where it's suppose to be), and with out the motor shaft it won't go below 27 degrees. As well I would have to removed the lover bolt on the LNB arm which would only leave 1 bolt and I'm not to crazy about that.

Can I compensate with the motor elevation? If not does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Dish 001.jpg
    Dish 001.jpg
    722.1 KB · Views: 158
  • Dish 004.jpg
    Dish 004.jpg
    723.4 KB · Views: 146
  • Dish.jpg
    Dish.jpg
    748.1 KB · Views: 182
Thanks! I feel pretty stupid! lol I thought that I had to align the center of the bold. I now see the red marker for the adjustment.

Thanks!

Motor Latitude Angle: 48.4° - Motor markings usually pretty accurate

Using Compass Azimuth (magn.): 161.8°

Dish elevation: 23° - Dish markings are know to be "off" a few deg, you may get a higher Sig + / - a few deg

True South Sat: Galaxy 10R @ 123 west

Last edited:
Set your motor bracket elevation on the latitude side of the scale at 48 and leave it there, don't tweak using the motor elevation. Adjust dish elevation slightly to tweak signal.

Plumb and level, plumb and level, plumb and level. plumb and level, Get the idea?
If it's not dead nuts on you will never track the satellite arc.

And I will say along with satcom1 "Plumb and level". without a motor, is makes it a whole lot easier to be plumb and level. WITH a motor, it makes it POSSIBLE if you are plumb and level. I do not use a motor and I do not have the luxury of my mounting posts being plumb or level all the time (usually never with the motor home) so I really have to work at setups. Today, moving 300 feet, going from one table top to another, not being plumb or level at either site, my LNBF skew changed almost 20 degrees, indicating skew, lean or twist of the dish,, for the same satellite. A motor would have never worked against those odds. Make very slow movements of the dish to peak it. Check and recheck as you tighten anything down. Most clamps move about 1/2 degree, at least, as they tighten!
POP

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)