Motorized mobile Ku Band antenna firmware

Brad Teegarden

Original poster
Jul 17, 2014
I received as a gift an old WiWorld 2-axis mobile Ku band antenna, indoor unit (antenna controller) and Coolsat 5000 platinum receiver. With the standard setup I can only get the antenna controller to find and lock on echostar birds (scrambled). I have been digging around for a firmware update to the indoor unit (controller) to no avail. The WiWorld site is useless and all email to them bounce. The controller has an SD card slot for uploading new firmware (which I believe has the TLE data for the satellites.

What I am looking for is a way to get the new TLE data into the controller and block the paid satellites from the list. Is there a resource for this information?

Thanks for any help.

Welcome to Satelliteguys Brad.
That system was most likely used, previously, for theft of service from D15H. We don't condone TOS.
As shown on the page http://www.wiworldusa.com/index.php ERIP levels of FTA aren't that strong. So the dish is probably too small, and LNBF is also incorrect* if I am correct in suspecting TOS, for true FTA use. *circular. FTA requires linear.
For True FTA, being that receiver is "old technology"(DVB-S) it's limited to G19 at 97W plus a few other channels on other satellites.
For a listing of what's available Ku FTA check Mike's list at MPEG Central. NOTE: not all is listed, temporary feeds, unscheduled FTA (ITC) due to technical problems, etc.

IF still interested in FTA, get a proper 90cm dish and LNBF. A good conbo is HERE
SatelliteAV also has a "new technology" DVB-S2 receiver with the same dish and LNBF, also listed on Ebay
Once 'into' Ku FTA, add a motor to the Ku dish and have 3 axis control. The third being 'skew'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts