Motorola DSR410DS Satellite Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Videoguard is an encryption company/method, like Nagravision, whereas DCII is a digital satellite system, like DVB. The Voom receivers will only pick up Digicipher II signals, but it would be nice if they could be used to receive in-the-clear DCII such as the PBS on AMC-3.

Greetings all,

I'm dredging this from the depths, because I've just picked up a NextLevel (Motorola) DSR410 (DNA). I do not have a remote.

I am totally new to the sat-world. Period. I've thought of C-band because of it's FTA capabilities, until I ran across an article (in Monitering Times), regarding FTA in the MPEG 2 format (using Ku-band).

1. Will it pick-up FTA? I know there was mention about trouble with loading channel maps, in earlier discussions. Is this (still) an issue and can it be resolved?

2. If I obtain a Voom remote ( http://www.kusat.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=18_38&products_id=420 ), will it let me access FTA capabilities, or are the Vooms meant for subscription services only?

3. If I wish to go after the FTA services, is there a specific dish/LNB which I need or can they be universal?

Thanks!

BG

I'm dredging this from the depths, because I've just picked up a NextLevel (Motorola) DSR410 (DNA). I do not have a remote.

1. Will it pick-up FTA? I know there was mention about trouble with loading channel maps, in earlier discussions. Is this (still) an issue and can it be resolved?

2. If I obtain a Voom remote ( will it let me access FTA capabilit... it to experment on the channel map download.

Videoguard is an encryption company/method, like Nagravision, whereas DCII is a digital satellite system, like DVB. The Voom receivers will only pick up Digicipher II signals, but it would be nice if they could be used to receive in-the-clear DCII such as the PBS on AMC-3.

This thread was not about the voom receiver it was about the older HITS receivers. They are DCII only. And were used with old rebranded Primestar LNBs.

The Voom receiver has VideoGuard and DCII encription.
And is compatable with both DCII and DVB FTA signals. But has the same problem this one does in that you have no channel maps so you can not use it for FTA.
The voom receiver has a totaly diffrent LO setting than this receiver does because it was used with rebranded direct tv lnbs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)