King's Rain Shield

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ghia

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Nov 11, 2005
I know this topic has come up before but I used this stuff recently and it works very well. I bought 1 can. I sprayed four lnb lens, and applied a light coat to a 76cm channel master, a 85 cm Patriot and a dish 500. That was really streching it but I only had the one can. I did not know how well it would work. This last week we had a good amount of rain followed by some freezing rain and then snow. I did lose a few points on the meter but never lost a signal/ channel. I usually lost or had breakups on 11720 on G10R with any amount of rain. This stuff works great, I only wish I would have bought two cans at the time so I could have put the recomended amount on the dishes. I'll pick up another can the next time I order something. I got it form Sadoun's website btw.

Thanks for your feedback and review. This reminds me to get the sample dishes we have outside our showroom sprayed.

I lot of folks think this stuff is snake oil, like there is no way this stuff can work. Hell I didn't think it would work but now I swear by the stuff.

I know PSB also swore by this stuff, I know it sounds wierd but this stuff REALLY does work.

It all depends on the type of rain storm. Most of the time in my area I actually lose the signal before the rain drops appear.

It may help in some cases, but in others it won't help a bit since the signal never makes it to the dish itself.

I've never tried Rainshield, but the Weather does as you (digiblur) say here sometimes. I guess if the clouds are wet enough, it don't have to rain to mess up the small dish. My BUDs rarely rarely have that problem.

Al

It all depends on the type of rain storm. Most of the time in my area I actually lose the signal before the rain drops appear.

It may help in some cases, but in others it won't help a bit since the signal never makes it to the dish itself.

While it's true that heavy rain clouds can block the signal BEFORE it actually starts raining on your dish, what Rain Shield WILL do for you is return your signal sooner (in the rain) as the heavy laden clouds pass. Using Rain Shield is definately better than without it.

We've been using car wax, RainX, PAM and other products for years trying to keep the water from beading up (mostly on the LNBF cap). Rain Shield is the best product I've seen.

While it's true that heavy rain clouds can block the signal BEFORE it actually starts raining on your dish, what Rain Shield WILL do for you is return your signal sooner (in the rain) as the heavy laden clouds pass. Using Rain Shield is definately better than without it.

We've been using car wax, RainX, PAM and other products for years trying to keep the water from beading up (mostly on the LNBF cap). Rain Shield is the best product I've seen.

The past couple of times I was watching TV/listening to radio channels and the signal dropped, I looked outside and it wasn't raining but a huge storm was rolling in. As soon as it started raining the signal was back. This product may help in some applications, but I don't think this will help in my situation as during the summer I have the sprinkler located near the dish and the sprinkler soaks the dish on every pass. No problems with the dish and LNB dripping wet.

My problem would be with sticking snow moreso than rain. Tried Pam a few years ago and all it did was "bake" onto the dish - what a mess to get off.

What is snow? :D

If we did have a problem with snow here, I'm sure that this product would be indispensable. Does it keep bird cr@p from sticking? That would be a big plus!

:tux:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)