Mount OTA antenna on Dish Network pole/dish?

FearTheVoices

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 10, 2012
NH
Hi,

So I finallly tried an indoor OTA antenna(Leaf) yesterday after ordering one through Amazon. I picked up about 14 channels through my living room window. Sadly, only one of the channels would be something i would actually watch, ABC. I could not believe the difference in quality between OTA and Dish Network, i have always heard it was much better but god...I was watching the NBA finals last night on it and it was like night and day regarding picture quality. That and the Spanish channel were just amazing quality, almost like watching a bluray movie.

So...i realized i would have to send the indoor leaf back which i did today. I would like to put something on my roof and possibly attach it to the existing dish network pole if possible. Have any of you done this or seen this done? I have a ton of tree's everywhere but i am willing to give it a shot to try to get NBC, ABC, CBS and FOX. If i could get those 4 OTA I would be willing to spend upwards of $300-$400 eventually to get those channels. If it doesn't work out, just return the thing to Amazon...

What would you guys recommend?

Hi,

So I finallly tried an indoor OTA antenna(Leaf) yesterday after ordering one through Amazon. I picked up about 14 channels through my living room window. Sadly, only one of the channels would be something i would actually watch, ABC. I could not believe the difference in quality between OTA and Dish Network, i have always heard it was much better but god...I was watching the NBA finals last night on it and it was like night and day regarding picture quality. That and the Spanish channel were just amazing quality, almost like watching a bluray movie.

So...i realized i would have to send the indoor leaf back which i did today. I would like to put something on my roof and possibly attach it to the existing dish network pole if possible. Have any of you done this or seen this done? I have a ton of tree's everywhere but i am willing to give it a shot to try to get NBC, ABC, CBS and FOX. If i could get those 4 OTA I would be willing to spend upwards of $300-$400 eventually to get those channels. If it doesn't work out, just return the thing to Amazon...

What would you guys recommend?
Are you keeping DISH? Are you going to use a separate mount for the TV antenna? What did you order from Amazon? Go to www.tvfool.com and post the report.

It would depend on the size of your antenna, I'd think. My OTA ant. is something like 11'' and probably wouldn't do well on a mount like that, but a smaller ant. probably would be ok. If you can't use the dish pole, I bought a gable end mount off of Amazon for $28 and it works great for my ant.

If you post your TV Fool report like Boba suggested, then people here will be able to give you some suggestions on what ant. would be good for your area and tell you what stations you should be able to receive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts