Mounting MY OTA Antenna...do I have all I need?

one option to try once you get that new antenna is to aim it towards the tower for 21. ABC should be strong enough to be picked up on the back side of it. I know with mine aimed at the distant station I get NBC fine on the backside (180 degrees off) very well. (they use RF11 as the channel)

by the way here is my antenna setup :)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/digital-over-air-ota/250210-my-antenna-has-buddy-now.html

Cool set up Iceberg. Yes, that's what I'll do, is aim at RTV. I feel too that I'll still get ABC with out too much trouble that way.
Thanks and take care,
Ghpr13 :)

Well, ever since I had my antenna installed, we have had thunderstorms each day. Sunday morning we had a very, very strong thunderstorm hit in the early morning. So far, no leaks in my attic, no lighting hits on the antenna, and the only thing that has happen is Sunday morning's storm turned the antenna about 45degrees to the west...but it stayed up there! So I guess I need to get somebody up there to re-aim it correctly.

Ghpr13:)

Well, ever since I had my antenna installed, we have had thunderstorms each day. Sunday morning we had a very, very strong thunderstorm hit in the early morning. So far, no leaks in my attic, no lighting hits on the antenna, and the only thing that has happen is Sunday morning's storm turned the antenna about 45degrees to the west...but it stayed up there! So I guess I need to get somebody up there to re-aim it correctly.

Who ever installed the antenna sure didn't get the U-bolts or other hardware as tight has they such have, of course the big question did they install it correctly as my system has survived 80+ winds and not moved on it's mast. I'd sure have them come back and do it right, especially if you had to pay someone before.

yeah it doesnt sound like the antenna was clamped down. My 2 have survived huge wind storms we've had here recently and havent moved at all

Who ever installed the antenna sure didn't get the U-bolts or other hardware as tight has they such have, of course the big question did they install it correctly as my system has survived 80+ winds and not moved on it's mast. I'd sure have them come back and do it right, especially if you had to pay someone before.

yeah it doesnt sound like the antenna was clamped down. My 2 have survived huge wind storms we've had here recently and havent moved at all

I agree with both of you. I'm going to get it reset and re-tighten. The cool thing is that right now I'm able to pick up RTV without a problem!:eek: Figures.

does everything come in now? ;)

Iceberg,
No, not everything. Channels I were getting before the storm are now missing, but I think if I take a little time to really aim the antenna at the right spot, and make sure it's tighten, I'll be able to get all the channels I want...It's definitely worth the time and effort.