Move and EHD

negma

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
I am not sure if this is answered, but please provide some details... I am moving to a new physical location and possibly upgrading from 722K to Hopper w/Joey at the new location. I have 2TB EHD with all my content which I dont want to lose. Any precaution I need to take as part of Move? Should I ask/let Dish know something in advance about retaining content in EHD? Thanks for your help!

You EHD and its contents will be fully compatible with a Hopper. Just add all the content you want to save from your 722 to the EHD before the Hopper install.

As well, you will want to make sure the 722 and Hopper system are active at the same time to allow the key to pass over from the 722 to the Hopper.

When you do this please PM a DIRT member and have them submit a Hit to all converters on the account. This will push the code through.

You may need to leave the EHD connected over-night to the Hopper system to be fully compatible and see the EHD recordings.

Thanks.

Reactions: Tampa8
Unless things have changed, Dish requires a tech call to install a Hopper. The tech should take care of it. That's what happened when I upgraded.

As well, you will want to make sure the 722 and Hopper system are active at the same time to allow the key to pass over from the 722 to the Hopper.

You may need to leave the EHD connected over-night to the Hopper system to be fully compatible and see the EHD recordings.
Doesn't the installer/technician take the "old" receiver back as part of the upgrade ?

So I called today and scheduled an appointment for my move. They offered FREE upgrade to Hopper w/Sling and Joey and free install as part of movers program. I was happy to get this FREE upgrade, not sure what's the norm these days.

Quick Question: Currently I do not have South Asian programming (I had in the past), do I have to let Dish know about need for international programming before install (one dish vs two vs LNB etc) OR is it all ONE DISH for everything these days.

Thanks!

So I called today and scheduled an appointment for my move. They offered FREE upgrade to Hopper w/Sling and Joey and free install as part of movers program. I was happy to get this FREE upgrade, not sure what's the norm these days.
The Hopper will start/restart a 2 year contract, just an FYI.

The Hopper will start/restart a 2 year contract, just an FYI.
I am fine with that...I want to make sure I have the right install for ALL programming (American & International).

To save time, advise Dish NOW that you want international programming. I'm 99% certain that all international programming is on a non-standard satellite so a different dish and/or LNB will be required. They can install the right setup now vs a second trip.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Contacted DIRT and they added items to WO. Super helpful!!! Thanks everyone.

I wish I had seen this thread earlier. I had 2 accounts - 1 in Indiana (VIP622) and 1 in Wisconsin (322 DVR). I had an external HDD hooked to the VIP622. I sold my house in Indiana and ended that account and upgraded my account in Wisconsin to HD (they did it for free). They sent me a VIP722 (this was JUST before I had to send my VIP622 back from my other account). I was CERTAIN that the EHD was compatible between the 2 and I wouldn't lose my recordings... I was wrong - when I finally reactivated the EHD it said I had to reformat it and lose everything - the VIP622 was gone by then. Lesson learned.
Todd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts