move ext. hd?

iml

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 23, 2004
I thought I read you could move an external HD from one receiver to another but when I tried to plug the HD from my 622 into my 722 to move the shows there, it states that it can only be used with one receiver at a time and that it will delete all archived events.

Is there a way around this? My external HD is full and I want to move everything to a bigger HD, however, I don't have room on the 622 to copy it off.

Call Dish Tech support. They will send a "hit" to your 722 to authorize it.

just fyi this cannot be done, it can only be done between like model receivers

so from a 622 to a 722, no go

I need to figure out how to get the shows off the 622 HD somehow

wonder if anyone has figured all that out, though discussion would probably not be allowed on the forum

the csr I talked to said I can look around to see if anyone has figured out how to get the recordings off the 622 hd, then I could move them to the 722

maybe he knows something I don't :)

I would be happy just being able to upgrade the 622 ext. drive with recordings to a bigger HD at this point...seems like some sort of imaging software could do it (image from old drive to new bigger drive), but who knows what type of encryption they are using.

If it is a VIP HD DVR

just fyi this cannot be done, it can only be done between like model receivers

so from a 622 to a 722, no go

I need to figure out how to get the shows off the 622 HD somehow

wonder if anyone has figured all that out, though discussion would probably not be allowed on the forum

the csr I talked to said I can look around to see if anyone has figured out how to get the recordings off the 622 hd, then I could move them to the 722

maybe he knows something I don't :)

I would be happy just being able to upgrade the 622 ext. drive with recordings to a bigger HD at this point...seems like some sort of imaging software could do it (image from old drive to new bigger drive), but who knows what type of encryption they are using.

Your statement is based on a CSR that has no idea what they are talking about. You can move it from a 622 to 722 to 722k and it doesn't matter. You just can't move it from or to a 211 or 222 non DVR which works differently than the HD DVR's. I have 722k that is just fine with the recordings off the 622 I had.

Your statement is based on a CSR that has no idea what they are talking about. You can move it from a 622 to 722 to 722k and it doesn't matter. You just can't move it from or to a 211 or 222 non DVR which works differently than the HD DVR's. I have 722k that is just fine with the recordings off the 622 I had.

Yep. Does not matter what models. You may have to call Dish several times for them to know about unlimited moves. Kab is correct. They will send a hit to authorize.

Yes, absolutely what these guys said. An undertrained CSR is confusing the ability to move between various 600 & 700 ViP receivers and the 200 series. Two different kettles of fish.

LOTS of people swap between ViP722 & ViP622 units.

We call this "CSR Roulette."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)