Move to 118 from 148

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

khichadi

Original poster
Oct 31, 2004
I got most of the answer from this forum about moving from 148 to 118. Looks like I will be need a new LNBF

>>>It won't work. Doesn't matter if you have it pointed smack at 118.7. It requires an FSS LNBF to see 118.7. The LNBFs on normal Dish Network dishes are DBS. High power circular. You need to get a 500+ dish to see 118.7

Dish guy don't want to go on tile roof to change existing dish. I don't want more holes in my stucco to install new dish. I already have 119/110 on one dish and 148 on other

Can I just get new FSS LNBF and move my current dish 500 (not 500+) from 148 to 118? If yes, should I just point toward the same dirction where 110/119 is pointing? should I put new FSS LNBF on right side or left side on mount (two spots to put LNBF)?

Thanks in advace for answers.

If you get the 500+ dish, just replace the Dish 500 pointed at 110/119 since the 500+ will give you the three sat locations and leave the 148 dish alone. If you properly mark your current position, you should be able to replace and point the + dish with hardly any trouble. You would not need to change the mounts at all and no new holes would be needed.

500+ is very heavy dish and they told me that it will sag if i don't install side support.

why can't I use dish 500 with FSS LNBF?

The superdish is a lot bigger with a bigger mast and is very heavy thus requiring side supports. The Dish 500+ is not a superdish and does not need the side support and mounts on the same size mast as the Dish 500. The + is slightly bigger than the normal 500 dish. 118 and 119 is built into the same lnb. To exchange the Dish 500 with a Dish 500+ would be a lot easier and require a lot less work.

gary;

Thanks for all your reply but i am just curious, do I really (for any technical reason) need 500+ to get 118? Can I have Dish 500 pointing towards 118 with FSS LNBF and technically work or not work?

do I really (for any technical reason) need 500+ to get 118? Can I have Dish 500 pointing towards 118 with FSS LNBF and technically work or not work?
No this will not work. The satellite at 118.7 is an FSS satellite. Not only is it on a different (lower) frequency than a BSS satellite, but it is also much weaker. This is why a much larger dish is required.

The Dish 500+ is just slightly smaller than a Superdish, and much larger than a Dish500. Although it does use the same size mast as a dish500 it needs the struts to be stable. The FSS satellite is a lower power sat that is the reason for the larger dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)