"move" to nashville locals

KG4KBU

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 1, 2009
Corbin, KY
I am getting a signal of around 51 percent for transponder 13 and satellite 61.5°W. I see that Nashville is on that transponder so do you think I could get locals from Nashville ?
Thanks

I would play it smart and wait until the transtition to echostar 16 is complete. You may end up losing signal at that point. I'd need to look at the spot beam for Nashville to give you a better guess.

you should be fine. As long as when you're in the satellite screen (where it shows 51 for signal) that the transponder changes to "spotbeam"

I know the subject has been discussed before but "moving" your service address to a place that is not near at all your current service address, will it raise problems with Dish? Is it possible they could find that suspicious and verify the actual dish location or cancel the service all together?

I know the subject has been discussed before but "moving" your service address to a place that is not near at all your current service address, will it raise problems with Dish? Is it possible they could find that suspicious and verify the actual dish location or cancel the service all together?

All they do is "move" your butt back home (to the address they have on file...most likely a billing address or the original service address)

But again, Dish and Diretcv most likely dont know if your "moved" location is 10 miles away or 500...unless someone google maps it ;)
Great example is where I use to live. Live in one county and get 12 locals (most in HD) from Minneapolis
live on the other side of the river (different county) which is technically a different market (Mankato....and a short market) and get 5 stations, NONE in HD (2 locals, 2 imported, PBS)

ok I am going to call them. I enjoy watching them during severe storms as they get some good severe weather. do you think that I am looking at the right transponder for nashville ? 13 is what I am looking at and sat 61.5

Nashville is the closest city to you on 61.5 TP13 so yeah its right

When you tune to 61.5 TP13 on the signal screen (menu 6-1-1) does transponder turn to "spotbeam"? If so you'll be fine

ok I understand thank you so much I appreciate it. I guess I will stick with knoxville. Say are any missouri channels or paducah on cont. beams ? How about atlanta ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)