Updates

johnny58259

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 26, 2007
Is there anyway to change the time the hopper and Joey update? I was watching tv last night about 1:00 and the Joey updated and 1:30 the hopper updated. I would like to change the time they update if possible

It will stay in standby for updates, and will kick in at a later time. IE, I waived it off last night around 1:30. It took it about three hours later.

It will also ask you to update every hour if you decline. Only gives you about a minute before it does it automatically. Always manages to reboot while I'm in the kitchen or the bathroom or somewhere else in the house. Even worse is it takes forever when EHDs are connected.

I wish that they'd allow us to change the update time like on the older receivers...

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Always manages to reboot while I'm in the kitchen or the bathroom or somewhere else in the house. Even worse is it takes forever when EHDs are connected.
If you pull the USB cable, even if it is scanning, it will do the reboot within a minute without loss -- 722 experience. You could pull the power but I think that might be more dangerous. I don't know how it would report a problem because I've never seen it. On 722, Menu+6+3+counters+page downs will show when the last fsck (*nix for file system check) was. It can take hours to scan. (Now explain mine saying June of this year.)

-Ken

It sucks that you can't change the update time. Not everybody is on Eastern time and having it update at 1am is the pits, and, as stated above seems to happen while I'm in the restroom or getting a drink. Really wish the Hopper would let us set the update time like we did with the 722.

On 722, Menu+6+3+counters+page downs will show when the last fsck (*nix for file system check) was. It can take hours to scan. (Now explain mine saying June of this year.)

-Ken
Today mine hit the "monthly" Next Call Out connect and it fixed the fsck date. Glad to see that.
Hours applies only if a live USB connected.
-Ken

It sucks that you can't change the update time. Not everybody is on Eastern time and having it update at 1am is the pits, and, as stated above seems to happen while I'm in the restroom or getting a drink. Really wish the Hopper would let us set the update time like we did with the 722.

Yeah... Seriously annoying at times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts