Moved and now can't get HD Absolute Pkg, What is the Pkg Code?

hammerdown

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 14, 2005
Northern California
Been customer for 12 years. ALWAYS had HD Only (now called HD Absolute) Package.

Moved into a new place. Tech got my system working but couldn't get all my channels. Called three different operators, they say "moving counts as a change of service... Absolute is no longer available... There is no code in the system to get it turned back on".

I just emailed CEO. Anything else I can do? Does anyone have the "code" for HD Absolute that I can tell the operator?

I will cancel Dish if this is not resolved.

I saw another thread where the same thing happened to someone else. Seems ridiculous that moving would constitute a change in service - that's usually programming or equipment. Let's face it - they just want to get rid of that package. I'm with you. If they pulled that on me without some sort of compromise with another package I'd most likely quit also.

That doesn't seem right they would do that. Did they make you recommit when you moved? If so, they've really screwed you over. I think I'd also consider quitting if they did this to me. I have a grandfathered package and any change I try to make online increases my bill 'cause they say it's a program change even though all I'm doing is dropping an add-on package.

What package did they put you on? Did they just randomly pick 1 out for you? If a dish mover does in fact constitute a change in service. Your only possible recourse is to undo the mover & keep your service address at the previous working location & sign up for auto pay.

It would have been too easy for the csr to tell you about this when you placed your order for the mover. I truly hope you can resolve this. Good luck...............

Did you get a new receiver, or do they de-authorize your receiver when you move for some inexplicable and inexcusable reason?

Happened to me last night

Here's the story so get off the ph and use chat and make them fix it. They can and will if you work with a good CSR ( I know they are few and far between). The CSR put me on Dish America package which isn't close to Absolute.
I lost my Absolute over night last night. I "moved" for locals reasons. Things were fine till over night download and this AM a huge amount of programming had gone red. I went in via chat. I now do this rather than call & waste cell ph time. I also have a record of what took place when it happens too. Here is the chat session I had today.
Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
Thank you for being a valued Dish Network customer. I will be happy to assist you today.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: My name is Jeremy and my operator id is ZA6. How may I help you today?
Me: My Absolute package is all messed up now. I moved to Dallas area yesterday and now many of my HD channels that I should be getting are coming up in red. I want it fixed put me back to Absolute package.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: I'll be happy to help you with this.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: Give me a few moments to research this further.
Me: I'm grandfather into it and the agent changed me out of the Absolute package.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: I understand, the package did change I'm looking into this.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: It will take me a couple minutes, I have to get with another source.
Me: OK but I expect this to be fixed and I'm a bit PO'd about it.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: I understand.
Me: I lost all the chs from 371 to 381 to start with not to mention others.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: Right, you were changed to a Dish America package.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: I'm working to get it changed back as there is no notes regarding the swap.
Me: Yes all I did was move areas & need locals chs fixed. I didn't agree to a package change.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: Right I understand, I have to go through some methods since the package is expired so it will take me a couple minutes.
Me: Am I going to run into this same problem when I drop the Max for a penney promo on the 9th. I've been told I have to wait till that date to do this.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: You should not.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: I can remove Cinemax now, but to keep it until the 9th you'd have to wait to then to remove it.
Me: I shouldn't have had it happen yesterday either but it did.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: I understand, the agent seemed to have made an error.
Me: OK I've got it written on calendar. So I can chat then on it.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: Yes.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: Give me a few more moments, we are having system issues, I'm trying to correct your monthly rate.
Me: I/m not going to pay me bill till then so it can be fixed at the correct price.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: Actually I think I see the issue.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: Give me a couple more minutes.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: I see why the agent had made the error.
Mel: I'm seeing less red in the guide I built for the chs I use. Thank you so far. Please put in notes to not kill my Absolute package again.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: Right you actually have both packages right now.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: I need to remove the other one.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: When I do our system forces me to remove Absolute.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: So it will be a moment.
Mel: Absolute is the best package E* has ever had.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: I understand.
Me: So can it be left as is to make sure absolute doesn't get killed again?
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: One moment.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: If I leave it as is you have to pay for both.
Me: Fix it some way I don't want to pay for 2 packages on 1 VIP 722k. That is just crazy.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: Right
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: I have it fixed.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: It just took some time.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: $62.99 for the monthly rate
Me: Co need to put this in notes so it doesn't happen again?
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: Does that sound right?
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: I'll note the account and forward up the issue that causes this.
Me: That sound close to correct.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: You will see some partial charges on your next bill since there was programming changes.
Me: Good on the noting & what it takes to fix it.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: But they will even out.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: Your next bill prints 8/20 for the period of 0/05 to 10/04. It will have partial charges from today to 09/04.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: 09/05.
Me: OK. So the bill will look strange?
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: Yes.
Mel: Thanks for the help.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: But it should not be any more, just some additions and subtractions due to the package change.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Me: No you are done now thanks.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: Thank you for being a DISH Network customer, have a wonderful day!

So they put it back if you get a good rep.

I think Chat vs Phone is pretty much a double roulette game. Depends on who you get. I had been doing Chat, but last time, I had to end the session and get on the phone which I wish I had done in the first place.

Curious - how'd you get to $62.99 on that package - premium channels?

Think there was a difference because no physical move was involved?

3 premiums + max penny deal which I have to call or chat the 9th to get rid of. Max isn't worth 10 per month. So it's Absolute, HBO, Sho, & Starz.

Been customer for 12 years. ALWAYS had HD Only (now called HD Absolute) Package.

You must have had a different package at some time during the past 12 years; HD Only (now called HD Absolute) has only been around for maybe 3 years...

Anyway, good luck on reinstatement!

You must have had a different package at some time during the past 12 years; HD Only (now called HD Absolute) has only been around for maybe 3 years...

Anyway, good luck on reinstatement!

Yep and Discovery HD Theater, one of the very first HD channels on Dish, came alive in 2002......... I can remember that in 2001 when I first got an HD TV there were very few HD channels. I was very excited because I could get KCBS in LA in HD over Dish.

hd absolute can only be added to an account by ERT (executive resolutions). not even my supervisor( or coach as we call it) can add it. the only way to get to ERT is to be transferred there by a coach. problem is, most coaches dont have time and dont want to deal with waiting on hold for ever to get a customer over to ERT so they would rather end it the call call and say deal with it, its gone.

dish as been very strict in regards to adding this package. realistically if its going to get done i wold use the email address already provided in a previous post. but to be honest, dont count on it.

as for why you lost it is probably because you didnt want to pay the 100.00 dishmover fee and griped about it. if you do not have qualifying programming, then a dishmover will come up with a 100.00 fee. the same fee that applies for those on a pay in advance account. there is no contract to keep the required programming though. so if the agent removed your absolute hd and adds a dish american pacakge instead, the computer will then waive the 100.00 upgrade fee. issue is, now you cant get dish absolute back.

thanks good information everyone. guess i will be on the phone/chat again all day tomorrow and/or forever until they fix my issue.

When I originally called to have the dishmover come, I explicitly said I will not be changing any equipment or authorizing any change of my programming package. The agent told me "that's fine and if I need to move again and again, they will install for free as many times as I want". No mention of qualifying programming packages.

Explain

hd absolute can only be added to an account by ERT (executive resolutions). not even my supervisor( or coach as we call it) can add it. the only way to get to ERT is to be transferred there by a coach. problem is, most coaches dont have time and dont want to deal with waiting on hold for ever to get a customer over to ERT so they would rather end it the call call and say deal with it, its gone.

dish as been very strict in regards to adding this package. realistically if its going to get done i wold use the email address already provided in a previous post. but to be honest, dont count on it.

as for why you lost it is probably because you didnt want to pay the 100.00 dishmover fee and griped about it. if you do not have qualifying programming, then a dishmover will come up with a 100.00 fee. the same fee that applies for those on a pay in advance account. there is no contract to keep the required programming though. so if the agent removed your absolute hd and adds a dish american pacakge instead, the computer will then waive the 100.00 upgrade fee. issue is, now you cant get dish absolute back.
Now explain how they fixed mine if it can't be done like you say by anyone except ERT. my complete transcript of the chat is here to explain everything that happened. IT's post 6 in this thread.