Moved and now can't get HD Absolute Pkg, What is the Pkg Code?

thanks good information everyone. guess i will be on the phone/chat again all day tomorrow and/or forever until they fix my issue.

When I originally called to have the dish mover come, I explicitly said I will not be changing any equipment or authorizing any change of my programming package. The agent told me "that's fine and if I need to move again and again, they will install for free as many times as I want". No mention of qualifying programming packages.

Easiest way is to move it yourself.

Then, wait for a utility bill to arrive - in our case, we will have electric and phone in two locations for a couple of months, install a new dish - yourself, move your equipment and notify E of the fact you have moved and do not require a mover because you have already done it.

The only reason for waiting for a utility bill to arrive before notifying E of the move is that they may request a copy of it as proof of your actually having moved. Too many people are "moving" just to get different local channels and those days are just about over. In our case, we will be in the same locals area, so it will not matter.

Haven't been asked

Easiest way is to move it yourself.

Then, wait for a utility bill to arrive - in our case, we will have electric and phone in two locations for a couple of months, install a new dish - yourself, move your equipment and notify E of the fact you have moved and do not require a mover because you have already done it.

The only reason for waiting for a utility bill to arrive before notifying E of the move is that they may request a copy of it as proof of your actually having moved. Too many people are "moving" just to get different local channels and those days are just about over. In our case, we will be in the same locals area, so it will not matter.

I never been asked for a utility bill at any addy I've been at. So when did they start that and what if you don't supply 1. The "bills" are included here. :D

chat agents can be chatting with you and chatting/talking with ERT to have them make the change for them. with a regular phone agent, its obvious when they have to put you on hold, call up other departments, etc. but with chat they will keep you in with them while communicating to another dept.

So, it's done. They saved one more subscriber.

I called cust svc, listened to her tell me it wasn't possible, requested a supervisor, listened to her tell me it wasn't possible, requested ERT, was told ERT couldn't do it but she would transfer me anyways, got ERT he put me on hold and came back and said he got it done.

Also, When I got home I checked my email and there was actually a response from CEO and it said they saw that ERT had already switched me back to Absolute.

So, it's done. They saved one more subscriber.

I called cust svc, listened to her tell me it wasn't possible, requested a supervisor, listened to her tell me it wasn't possible, requested ERT, was told ERT couldn't do it but she would transfer me anyways, got ERT he put me on hold and came back and said he got it done.

Also, When I got home I checked my email and there was actually a response from CEO and it said they saw that ERT had already switched me back to Absolute.

Must come from CLEAN living! :D :up

Moved to my final destination Saturday, had dishmover come and install, no problems this time. When I called cust svc to set it up I made it clear what happened last time and I didn't want it to happen again. She saw in my account what happened and said it wouldn't happen this time. So HD Absolute is still alive. Yay!

Now explain how they fixed mine if it can't be done like you say by anyone except ERT. my complete transcript of the chat is here to explain everything that happened. IT's post 6 in this thread.
Remember this part, "Jeremy B.ZA6: It will take me a couple minutes, I have to get with another source." ? Who do you think his other source was ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)