Moved, asked for 4K receiver didn’t get it. Worth fighting?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jerseyfla

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 7, 2006
Georgia
So the Air Force moved me from Ohio to Georgia. My receivers were 6 years old (HR44 Genie and 3 clients) so I ask for new receivers and a 4K receiver, the CSR woman tells me “Yes we can do that”. The installer comes over yesterday and asks if I had my HR44, I said “yes but why would I need it when I should be getting a 4K receiver?”. He says “That’s not on the order”. I look at my order and sure enough no 4K receiver was put on it. I’m pissed because not just that but no CW channel for one of my wife’s shows. Not even the DC CW affiliate comes up. I had an AM21 but it stopped working on my HR44 receiver over a year ago. Should I even fight for the 4K receiver? How much programming is really in 4K on there? I think I may at least fight for an LCC for missing CW and then I’ll “move” my address to Atlanta or Jacksonville area for more channels.

Reactions: dhpeeple1
Did he install the new equipment? If so you may be sol, but it's worth a call, maybe. There isn't much 4k programming yet. BTW, you aren't going to get your local Atlanta or Jacksonville locals in Washington. They are on spot beams that you can't get that far away.

So the Air Force moved me from Ohio to Georgia. My receivers were 6 years old (HR44 Genie and 3 clients) so I ask for new receivers and a 4K receiver, the CSR woman tells me “Yes we can do that”. The installer comes over yesterday and asks if I had my HR44, I said “yes but why would I need it when I should be getting a 4K receiver?”. He says “That’s not on the order”. I look at my order and sure enough no 4K receiver was put on it. I’m pissed because not just that but no CW channel for one of my wife’s shows. Not even the DC CW affiliate comes up. I had an AM21 but it stopped working on my HR44 receiver over a year ago. Should I even fight for the 4K receiver? How much programming is really in 4K on there? I think I may at least fight for an LCC for missing CW and then I’ll “move” my address to Atlanta or Jacksonville area for more channels.

I think 4k is worth it. There’s a dedicated 4k channel with travel, nature documentaries, food shows, concerts etc. And there are 4 to 5 other 4k channels for live events and on demand. There are about four to seven live sporting events a week. Sometimes more. It’ll be most worth it during the Summer Olympics which is filmed in 8k.

Reactions: I WANT MORE
BTW, you aren't going to get your local Atlanta or Jacksonville locals in Washington. They are on spot beams that you can't get that far away.

I didn’t move to DC. I moved from Dayton, Ohio to Warner Robins, Georgia. I know from being stationed in Biloxi years ago that we got the DC CW affiliate that is used for those that can’t get a local CW station. Our CW on Directv shows up on Channel 65 for Macon (It’s really 13.2 here) but I get a error message saying I don’t subscribe to it. I looked at spotbeams last week and the only other larger markets I can get are Atlanta, Chattanooga, Jacksonville, Savannah, and Greenville.

I didn’t move to DC. I moved from Dayton, Ohio to Warner Robins, Georgia. I know from being stationed in Biloxi years ago that we got the DC CW affiliate that is used for those that can’t get a local CW station. Our CW on Directv shows up on Channel 65 for Macon (It’s really 13.2 here) but I get a error message saying I don’t subscribe to it. I looked at spotbeams last week and the only other larger markets I can get are Atlanta, Chattanooga, Jacksonville, Savannah, and Greenville.
Sorry, I totally misread your post. Have you tried reauthorizing your equipment online? It could be they didn't properly set up your stations.

If you want a new recvr, Yes 4k is worth the fight.
With the 4k, you will get either the Genie HR54 (which I recommend) or an HS17 server along with the 4k C61k client.
If you don't get 4k, you'll keep what you have.

I went to the 4k in the last year or so after having a HR 44 .... I loved the HR44, worked great.
I too had to fight to get the 4k stuff as they wanted to fight me and would only authorize a HS17 for me, which I refused.

I have HR24s in my system that I don't want to remove ...

I eventually got ahold of the correct person that could send me an HR54 and client and its worked pretty good for me, I am happy to have the 4k ability for when I want to watch 4k or find a game I want to see in 4k as well.

For me, if something is offered, I like to have the ability to have it, weather or not I use it alot or not, at least I can if I choose to.

Reactions: I WANT MORE
Once they install it, good luck getting them to swap the equipment out.

Had a customer they should have had all HR24’s

Tech and replaced HR24 with HR22.

For days I had to hear Directv say no difference.

Finally gave customer an Hr24 from my inventory.

Point is don’t let them activate equipment if it’s not right.

In this case, tech likely didn’t have 4K clients on his truck.

Once they install it, good luck getting them to swap the equipment out.

Had a customer they should have had all HR24’s

Tech and replaced HR24 with HR22.

For days I had to hear Directv say no difference.

Finally gave customer an Hr24 from my inventory.

Point is don’t let them activate equipment if it’s not right.

In this case, tech likely didn’t have 4K clients on his truck.
In this day and age, they should always have 4k clients on the truck.

Reactions: TheTechGuru

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)