"Moved" but nothing changed

Kentstater72

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 18, 2004
North of Toledo
OK, Lets not get into the ethics of this, but I "moved" my sister on Thanks giving Day. She is in one of the worst DMA's (Allen County Ohio). So we moved her a little north to get the Toledo locals.
I changed her over to paperless a few weeks ago. We called and had no problem switching.
She went home Friday and unplugged the 301 STB and left it unplugged for about twenty minutes.
She plugged it back in and it was the same, including receiving the ABC NY distant local.
What else needs to be done. She has the 500 dish and can receive both 110 and 119 signal.

Am I missing something or has E* not turned the switch?
Her account profile has been changed.

just add the locals she qualifies for now online. It will be easier and you'll probably keep what you have right now too. Thats what I did when I "moved". Added my "new" locals and Dish didnt turn off the "old" locals for a few months

Thanks IB
I got on line and took care of everything.
This has been a long nightmare. My sister doesn't have a lot of resources and I talked her into Dish to save money. The only thing she said she had to have was Lifetime. A week after it was installed was when E* shut it off (temperaroly)
Then I put up two different antennas, and pleaded with local stations for waivers to no avail.

If there is a good reason to "move" and commit civil disobedience, this is it.

Thanks again.

glad it worked out. I know when I "moved" the locals I wanted came online the day before and Dish CSR's couldn't add it because "we see it in the system and its available but we can't add them"

Added them 5 minutes online after hanging up with them :)

just add the locals she qualifies for now online. It will be easier and you'll probably keep what you have right now too. Thats what I did when I "moved". Added my "new" locals and Dish didnt turn off the "old" locals for a few months

Ice,
did Dish charge you for both sets of locals during that few months, or just the "new" locals?

Ice,
did Dish charge you for both sets of locals during that few months, or just the "new" locals?
I wasnt charged for 3 months...then got a new card (yellow) and poof old locals gone :(
(this was 2 1/2 years ago)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts