Moved my slimline

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well, let me give you the details and you can tell me where I'm going wrong...I have a SL5-SWM LNB slimline dish and I'm trying to align the dish using the acutrac 22 mkII pro, ASL, and PI. I can only get a max of 59 on the acutrac when moving azimuth, elevation, and tilt through the full range of motion. I also tried switching the 119 input on the ASL but got the same max reading of 59. I read in the acutrac manual that it cannot select individual satellites. However, in the D* training video I watched it shows using the same exact signal meter but then goes on to say to select the 101 satellite on the meter. I tried to hook up the reciever just to see what would happen and of course it said "searching for satellite signal." So I looked at signal strength and all of the satellites are reading 0 except the 110 satellite. The 110 satellite shows 100 for all of the spots without the "N/A." Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I suspect that you aren't really "seeing" the 110 satellite with the receiver. Probably 101.
I'd use the receiver to get your alignment in the ball park.
Make sure the mast is plumb and that the skew and elevation settings are correct for your location.
Then move azimuth to get a signal.
Once you have a signal, then use the meter to peak the dish.

Well, let me give you the details and you can tell me where I'm going wrong...I have a SL5-SWM LNB slimline dish and I'm trying to align the dish using the acutrac 22 mkII pro, ASL, and PI. I can only get a max of 59 on the acutrac when moving azimuth, elevation, and tilt through the full range of motion. I also tried switching the 119 input on the ASL but got the same max reading of 59. I read in the acutrac manual that it cannot select individual satellites. However, in the D* training video I watched it shows using the same exact signal meter but then goes on to say to select the 101 satellite on the meter. I tried to hook up the reciever just to see what would happen and of course it said "searching for satellite signal." So I looked at signal strength and all of the satellites are reading 0 except the 110 satellite. The 110 satellite shows 100 for all of the spots without the "N/A." Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I suspect that you aren't really "seeing" the 110 satellite with the receiver. Probably 101.
I'd use the receiver to get your alignment in the ball park.
Make sure the mast is plumb and that the skew and elevation settings are correct for your location.
Then move azimuth to get a signal.
Once you have a signal, then use the meter to peak the dish.

Chances are, your Accutrac is see A Sat, not the ones your needing, if when you hook up the recvr and you have 100's across the 110, your close, just pointed at the wrong Sat is all, you'll want to see the 101 to start.

Thats the problem with most meters, you'll see ALL the Sats, not just the ones you need, now if you could set it so you will only see the ones you want, then your on to something and I would think about investing, but than again, if you do them often you don't really need a meter.

I have always used the meter on the recvrs, except for the very first few I set up, then I have an old cheapo meter that saw everything ... I quickly quit using it as it got frustrating.

Also, the Accutrac numbers and the recvr numbers won't be the same, I don't have a Accutrac but know that the Birdog goes up to 70ish, thats it, when your that high on the Birdog and hook up the recvr, you'll find that the recvr will be 90's in that area.

If you had the Accutrac saying 59 and the recvr on the 110 said 100, then I would say thats probably pretty good on the Accutrac.

Also, if you just moved the dish from a working location to another location, IF it's plumb, you should not need to change anything other than the left and right (azimuth).
Presuming your on the same property.

I have exactly the same setup as you that I use in the RV. My guess is that you are not getting lined up on 101. (One time I was just certain that I was lined up on 101 only to find out that I had set it to 110.) Double check your elevation and azimuth using a satellite finder site like this. Make sure you get it set to 101W DIRECTV 4S. And make sure the arm on your dish is pointing to this satellite. Just work with the elevation and azimuth for the 101 bird. When you get the max readings on 101, then connect the 119 connection and only move the skew for the best reading. This should get you setup fairly easily.

Also, be sure your receiver is not connected to the system while you do the setup. If the receiver is connected, it turns on the SWM and all your readings are bogus. Hope this helps.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts