"Moved" now no locals.. need to "move again!

ghostyroastytoasty

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 24, 2005
Beckley, WV
Since NYC has moved to transponder 15 :( I cannot receiver it any longer. i need something for physical location of zip code 25880... And in HD ;) I've looked at dbstalk and other things through google, but couldn't find an answer. I was going to try Pittsburgh, but I do not have a dish on 118. I currently have my dishes set up to 61.5, and a dish 1000+ pointed to the normal spots.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks.

If I were you, I would go buy and install a Dish 1000+ or 500+, depending on if you want to keep 61.5, to get the 118 signal. 118 has several cities with CONUS HD Locals, and they are the safe bet to stay that way a while.

I live near beckley too,hadWASHINGTON D.C. hd locals until they went spotbeam in march.The spotbeam appears too far away to get signal in southern wv.I am having trouble finding a usable spotbeam signal for hd locals on all odd tps at 61.5 1 through 15 all others get good signal.I thought when KNOXVILLE,TENN. and GREENSBORO,N.C. went live i would be close enough to get them but i still cant get any signal strength.To me the hd spotbeams are much tighter or not as wide as the sd spotbeams as i still get the sd from WASHINGTON,D.C.

I thought about them too but they would probably be moving to 61.5 sometime in the near future also.I have been waiting for CHARLOTTE,N.C. to light up to see if they are close enough.I have two dishes for 110,119 and 61.5.

Well i think they were up linked to 61.5 a week or two ago,so i would think they will go live in a few days or next week.what i dont know is if when they are uplinked is if there is a stream being sent down on a tp.If so i still have no signal strength on tps 1 through 15 odd.

Any chance that Pittsburgh locals will be moved to another bird?? Also, if I bought the Dish and switch, I would like to know for sure that I'm in the footprint. any map showing that particular spotbeam coverage?