Movies! and H & I coming to Madison, WI

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mikekohl

Prehistoric Satellite Guru
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 4, 2004
Montfort, Wisconsin
Local CW affiliate 57.1 (RF 32) has just mapped HEROES & ICONS plus MOVIES! on their .2 and .3 subchannels in Madison, Wisconsin. This is good news because the entire Weigel Bcstg mux was supposed to end FTA satellite on 101 West C-band any day now. Subscriptions to Weigel channels will be available at a reasonable price via the Internet if you don't have signals from local affiliates, but there are a lot of rural folks that simply do not have access to sufficient high-speed IP connections. Madison's problem is that they are running out of space for any more subchannels. With the exception of our CBS affiliate, which could use one more SD subchannel, all other full power broadcasters are already using one HD channel and two subchannels. Pushing the envelope any further usually ends in dicey quality. We really cannot complaint about choices for a market our size though:

RF channel 19 NBC-HD WeatherNation Antenna TV
RF channel 20 PBS-HD Wisconsin PBS-2 Create
RF channel 26 ABC-HD Me TV This TV
RF channel 32 CW-HD Movies! H & I
RF channel 49 FOX-HD Get TV Grit
RF channel 50 CBS-HD MyN

LP RF Ch 23 Seven channels from 3ABN
LP RF Ch 38 Daystar

on 9/2 you lose This for Decades
Madison, WI / WKOW (Launches 9-2-15)

Not a bad tradeoff. THIS is losing affiliates everywhere since its operation was transferred over to Tribune, and Weigel has been very aggressive about getting affiliates to replace THIS with Movies!, Decades, or any of their services. A study of my list tells me that Madison will have all of the channels that Weigel operates.

Reactions: localclassictvfan
Decades for This is not trading much for much, alot of people say Decades isn't all that, your gonna enjoy H&I, which when launched last Wed. caused an uproar (Lafayette dma channel 22.2 KDCG) when it replaced AntTV (now on 32.2 KXKW)

Other than that your lineup looks awesome. I am hoping for Movies, Decades, and grit to launch in my area within a year.

Not a bad tradeoff. THIS is losing affiliates everywhere since its operation was transferred over to Tribune, and Weigel has been very aggressive about getting affiliates to replace THIS with Movies!, Decades, or any of their services. A study of my list tells me that Madison will have all of the channels that Weigel operates.

Affiliates losing this, hey Iceman loon who has two ThisTV (KXKW 32.1, KDCG 22.1)

on 9/2 you lose This for Decades
Madison, WI / WKOW (Launches 9-2-15)

Thats funny KLWB is scheduled to launch 2 channels around the this time. We're pushing for the 50 xmitter to get both. As for losing this we have two of them one k n KXKW and KDCG. All I know is by middle of next year we going to be loaded in Lafayette, just waiting on Media General to agree with 1 to 3 to replace live well. Hopefully Decades will be a success in Madison...

I believe that is Weigel's push to get all 4 on either the same station or in the same market. MeTV and H&I are a hit, Movies! has some good shows too. Cant say about Decades but let us know after it launches

Subscriptions to Weigel channels will be available at a reasonable price via the Internet if you don't have signals from local affiliates, but there are a lot of rural folks that simply do not have access to sufficient high-speed IP connections.

Really? Where are the details on this? This is the first I heard of a subscription service from Weigel.

Local CW affiliate 57.1 (RF 32) has just mapped HEROES & ICONS plus MOVIES! on their .2 and .3 subchannels in Madison, Wisconsin. This is good news because the entire Weigel Bcstg mux was supposed to end FTA satellite on 101 West C-band any day now. Subscriptions to Weigel channels will be available at a reasonable price via the Internet if you don't have signals from local affiliates, but there are a lot of rural folks that simply do not have access to sufficient high-speed IP connections. Madison's problem is that they are running out of space for any more subchannels. With the exception of our CBS affiliate, which could use one more SD subchannel, all other full power broadcasters are already using one HD channel and two subchannels. Pushing the envelope any further usually ends in dicey quality. We really cannot complaint about choices for a market our size though:

RF channel 19 NBC-HD WeatherNation Antenna TV
RF channel 20 PBS-HD Wisconsin PBS-2 Create
RF channel 26 ABC-HD Me TV This TV
RF channel 32 CW-HD Movies! H & I
RF channel 49 FOX-HD Get TV Grit
RF channel 50 CBS-HD MyN

LP RF Ch 23 Seven channels from 3ABN
LP RF Ch 38 Daystar

Keep us in the loop on the subscription service, thanks

I have been enjoying Movies! in Lubbock on channel 48-2.

Have recorded and watched Sush, Sush, Sweet Charolette, Grapes of Wrath, Breakfast at Tiffanys and many more really good movies from the 40's-70's.

Shown in wide screen 480p for newer movies and 4X3 480p for older stuff. The picture is very good, except that it oscillates between a green tinge and normal black and white.

I have heard others complain about the Hopper doing this, but I have watched it on 4 different TiVo's and two Hoppers and all display that anomaly, it must be from the station.

I have been enjoying Movies! in Lubbock on channel 48-2.

Have recorded and watched Sush, Sush, Sweet Charolette, Grapes of Wrath, Breakfast at Tiffanys and many more really good movies from the 40's-70's.

Shown in wide screen 480p for newer movies and 4X3 480p for older stuff. The picture is very good, except that it oscillates between a green tinge and normal black and white.

I have heard others complain about the Hopper doing this, but I have watched it on 4 different TiVo's and two Hoppers and all display that anomaly, it must be from the station.

Movies! on WCAX 3-2 doesn't do the green thing so it must be your station.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts